Seagate external hard drive won't work for my blue ray player

JessyS

Commendable
Jul 25, 2016
I upgraded my external hard drive to add more movies on. I have a mac and when i transferred the movies, it works fine on the computer but does not recognize it on my samsung blue ray player. How do I fix this?

Solution
Welcome to Tom's Hardware, @JessyS!

Have you checked what file system your BluRay player supports? I'd suggest you to do so and make sure that the external HDD is formatted with the same file system. Keep in mind that if you have the drive formatted in HFS+ (which is the Mac OS-specific file system), re-formatting it would erase all the data you have currently stored on it, so make sure you back it up and copy it somewhere else beforehand. Afterwards, you should be able to format it through the Disk Utility on your Mac.
If the BluRay player only reads FAT32/exFAT file systems, then you need to be aware of their file & partition size limitations.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted if you have more questions! :)...
Welcome to Tom's Hardware, @JessyS!

Have you checked what file system your BluRay player supports? I'd suggest you to do so and make sure that the external HDD is formatted with the same file system. Keep in mind that if you have the drive formatted in HFS+ (which is the Mac OS-specific file system), re-formatting it would erase all the data you have currently stored on it, so make sure you back it up and copy it somewhere else beforehand. Afterwards, you should be able to format it through the Disk Utility on your Mac.
If the BluRay player only reads FAT32/exFAT file systems, then you need to be aware of their file & partition size limitations.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted if you have more questions! :)
SuperSoph_WD

Solution

TRENDING THREADS