[SOLVED] Seagate External HD 3tb freezing computer and see HD but no files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 18, 2022
Here is what is happening:
(1) I have an older 3TB Seagate External HD
(2) The HD freezes my computer when I try to access it. Any windows that are open are frozen and I can not do anything
(3) When clicking on the external drive location in windows the files are not shows
(4) the hard drive does show up as a drive
(5) opening the drive or trying to access the drive leads my computer to freeze
(6) I even tried chkdsk E:/f" and it does nothing since it is also stuck in a loop so to speak
(7) I did try This PC ---> properties--->tools tab--->check
I did this a long time ago and I do recall it screwing up my hard drive. Unfortunately, I do not recall how to fix it
(8) the hard drive was accessible and files were copied and pasted until repairs were tried in dos and above.
(8 1/2) I can not even scan bad sectors since the hard drive is having issues
(9) PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME. I would appreciate any input and thanks in advance for any guidance.
(1) ultimately I want the drive to be recognized by AOEMI backupper so that I can make a clone of it and place it on another external drive.
Best

Feb 18, 2022
It is enclosed. I have repaired it before. anytime I connect and file explorer freezes. when I disconnect the drive computer unfreezes

it is not uncommon for some drives, when failing, to completely lock up a system and make it unusable, as I've seen this many times.

'Deposit in nearest trash can' is likely the end result.

Hopefully it has nothing of importance on it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASK THE COMMUNITY