Question Seagate FireCuda (2To, 2.5") won't show up in disk management nor BIOS

May 21, 2020
Hi,
I recently bought a Seagate FireCuda (2To, 2.5"). The issue is that it won't show up in disk management nor BIOS. The drive is running as I can feel the vibration. I have tried three different SATA cables and tried two different SATA ports on the mobo.

One thing to add is it was recognised by another pc cause I installed windows 10 on it. Now I'd like to use it on another PC but here we are. I can't even try to format it as I can't see it. Any idea ?

Update: Using a ICY BOX, I was able to see it. It had a windows 10 partition. I hence tried to format it but it failed and now it returns error. Tried plugging it to mobo but it still can't detect it.
I have updated bios and chipsets.

Last edited:

USAFRet

Titan
Hi,
I recently bought a Seagate FireCuda (2To, 2.5"). The issue is that it won't show up in disk management nor BIOS. The drive is running as I can feel the vibration. I have tried three different SATA cables and tried two different SATA ports on the mobo.

One thing to add is it was recognised by another pc cause I installed windows 10 on it. Now I'd like to use it on another PC but here we are. I can't even try to format it as I can't see it. Any idea ?

Update: Using a ICY BOX, I was able to see it. It had a windows 10 partition. I hence tried to format it but it failed and now it returns error. Tried plugging it to mobo but it still can't detect it.
I have updated bios and chipsets.
What other drives are in this system?
What motherboard is it on?

Since it already had "a windows 10 partition ", this is a used drive?

Jun 29, 2020
Install Linux on usb drive with etcher and just run it don’t install. It’s an amazing and super helpful tool for dectecting issues like that