[SOLVED] Seagate FreeAgent 1 TB hard drive, 9JJ3A4-500 Reformat and Windows 10 does not see this drive

Jan 27, 2019
Hello ,
I recently received a Seagate FreeAgent 1 TB hard drive, 9JJ3A4-500, that had been used with an Apple computer. I have a Windows 10 PC. How do I reformat the drive to work with Windows 10? Also, File Explorer does not see the FreeAgent drive , nor does: Update & security >Backup>Add a drive, see the drive. How do I fix this? I have tried: Disk Management under the Storage section and the right side shows all of the current drives and partitions on the drive. I find the drive in the graphs at the bottom. It displays “Disk 5 Basic 931.5 GB Online” vertically on the left. On the right it displays “931.51 GB Unallocated” When I right click I get a menu with the first item “New Simple Volume”. There is NO “Change Drive letter and Paths…”

Solution
jbesr1230 , problem is that the un-allocated space is old data that was on the MAC before hand that was not deleted (such as the trash can) What you need to do is reconnect it the MAC (If possible) and empty the recycle bin and then convert the drive to exFAT and try again on the PC.
jbesr1230 , problem is that the un-allocated space is old data that was on the MAC before hand that was not deleted (such as the trash can) What you need to do is reconnect it the MAC (If possible) and empty the recycle bin and then convert the drive to exFAT and try again on the PC.

Solution