Seagate Goflex Home Freeagent White light off

amit_94

Commendable
Jul 24, 2016
For the last couple of days my NAS device is not showing the white light on the device and when turning the device on it makes a unusual sound the first day it also was beeping but that it not the case anymore. I can go into finder and connect to server to login but all my files have disappeared also in time machine backup it says 51mb available of 221mb when the total storage space is 2tb. Any help would appreciated.

Welcome to the TH community, @amit_94!

I'd strongly recommend you backup all your data that you can access from the external onto your Mac. Once you have it safe and sound, try swapping the USB cable connecting the drive and also test it for defects through the Disk Utility. You could also try connecting it to another Mac OS computer and see how the HDD would appear there. Does the beeping occur occasionally or everything you power up the external?

Good luck! Keep me posted with the troubleshooting!
SuperSoph_WD

amit_94

Commendable
Jul 24, 2016

I cannot access any data at all to backup and also the drive isn't connected through a USB cable it has only got a ethernet cable although there is a USB slot in there. The beeping is only occasional and has not happened for the last two days.