[SOLVED] Seagate HDD Not Detected In BIOS

KimCheonGi

Prominent
Feb 15, 2019
My new hard drive was just delivered today. However, when I plugged in the power and the SATA cables, my PC took noticeably longer to post.

I have 3 drives in my system: an HP SSD, a Western Digital HDD, and a Seagate HDD (my new one).

I thought there might be a problem with the SATA cable attached to the Seagate drive, so I disconnected it and plugged it into one of the other two drives. Both of the two remaining drives worked and showed up when I booted into Windows. This ruled out the SATA cable as a problem.

Next I tried plugging each of several power cables into my Seagate drive. Each time, my PC took longer to post than normal and the Seagate drive would not show up on my BIOS.

I don't want to write off the Seagate drive as DOA. Is there anything I'm not trying?

PS: I cannot format the drive because it doesn't show up in Windows.

Solution
My new hard drive was just delivered today. However, when I plugged in the power and the SATA cables, my PC took noticeably longer to post.

I have 3 drives in my system: an HP SSD, a Western Digital HDD, and a Seagate HDD (my new one).

I thought there might be a problem with the SATA cable attached to the Seagate drive, so I disconnected it and plugged it into one of the other two drives. Both of the two remaining drives worked and showed up when I booted into Windows. This ruled out the SATA cable as a problem.

Next I tried plugging each of several power cables into my Seagate drive. Each time, my PC took longer to post than normal and the Seagate drive would not show up on my BIOS.

I don't want to write off the Seagate...

I don't want to write off the Seagate drive as DOA. Is there anything I'm not trying?

PS: I cannot format the drive because it doesn't show up in Windows.
Looks like DOA to me, doesn't need to be formatted to be seen in BIOS and without that you cant do anything about it, If not seen in BIOS no OS would see it either. Most you can do is to try it in another PC.

Solution