Question Seagate worst warranty service. I cannot receive HDD from service, what to do ?

Jul 28, 2021
Sorry for my bad English.

I try send my 6tb seagate HDD to service in Ukraine, but they said:
-"Office in Ukraine for wholesales only, no service".

According to the law in Ukraine, the manufacturer must provide service inside country...
But OK I send HDD to Netherlands (as thay say).

They sent me a replacement HDD to my address by UPS.

But after it arrived in Ukraine they (Seagate) say we cannot deliver it to your address, go to nearest office UPS (about 100 km away). I asked they send usual post or any other
delivery service. But they say no, only collect from office or you won't receive it.

This is essentially a crime
1 No service inside country.
2 They took my disk and expect me to travel 100km to get the replacement (and during quarantine when transport is limited).

Everything is described in abbreviated form, there were more than 10 letters. And I really do not know what to do... Lose about a day
on a trip, especially during quarantine when unnecessary movements are undesirable worst idea... Or loose my HDD... ?

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Your English is fine.

Do you know anyone (family, friends, co-workers) who could pick up the 6T GB HDD for you? And then mail or otherwise send it to you?

If that is a replacement drive it has no data on it - correct?

How much money, if any, have you spent getting the drive replaced?

All in all, my thought is that you may be better off just forgetting/losing the HDD and, if at all possible, get a couple of SSD's instead.

Travel and quarantine problems are certainly a concern. I cannot make any direct assessments of the situation and full risks.

Talk to your doctor or other applicable medical professionals. You may be able to do limited travel if you take the necessary precautions for your country.

Just my thoughts on the matter. There may be other ideas and suggestions.

Jul 28, 2021
Thank you.
I think just about the options (need to issue a power of attorney from a lawyer but there are some peculiarities).

It has no data on it.
About 20-30$ and few hours.

For me the risks are minimal. I was already sick. But extra trips make it possible to spread.
Have received at least one vaccination less than 10% people in my country.

If I do not receive the disc, I will at least describe the whole situation.
I didn't even think that this is possible.

Sorry for my bad English.

I try send my 6tb seagate HDD to service in Ukraine, but they said:
-"Office in Ukraine for wholesales only, no service".

According to the law in Ukraine, the manufacturer must provide service inside country...
But OK I send HDD to Netherlands (as thay say).

They sent me a replacement HDD to my address by UPS.

But after it arrived in Ukraine they (Seagate) say we cannot deliver it to your address, go to nearest office UPS (about 100 km away). I asked they send usual post or any other
delivery service. But they say no, only collect from office or you won't receive it.

This is essentially a crime
1 No service inside country.
2 They took my disk and expect me to travel 100km to get the replacement (and during quarantine when transport is limited).

Everything is described in abbreviated form, there were more than 10 letters. And I really do not know what to do... Lose about a day
on a trip, especially during quarantine when unnecessary movements are undesirable worst idea... Or loose my HDD... ?
Doesn't seem to be Seagate's fault.

Jul 28, 2021
Doesn't seem to be Seagate's fault.
So it's a crime right from the start

Delivery problems caused by ups, but:
1 If the delivery service is unable to deliver, they must return the package to the sender (Seagate). And the sender (Seagate) can send it by another company that will deliver the HDD.
2 Seagate may have insisted that the carrier turn over the parcel to another carrier for delivery. Since the carrier is not able to deliver the package himself.
3 Or they can receive the package themselves in Ukraine and send it from Ukraine by another company (there is a Seagate office in the city where there is a UPS office).
And there are even more options, first of all, it was Seagate who insisted on international parcels.

It was Seagate who did everything to create problems. And than decided to just leave all the problems to the recipient without doing anything.

Last edited: