Seagete 2.5 external not recognise

Aluthav

Commendable
Jun 7, 2016
How can I get my external hard drive to work again, I have tried everything I could possible think of from downloading HDD re generator and plugging the external on a number of other computers nothing seems to work ....I even on TV nothing is working....Please help !!

Solution
Welcome to the community, Aluthav!

Can you please share more details about the troubleshooting you have done so far? I'd recommend you try using a different USB cable with the external HDD and see if that will help you get it recognized somewhere. I'd also suggest you go to Disk Management and Device Manager on your computer and check if the drive is detected there.

If you have any important data on the drive, I'd advise you to get in touch with a professional data recovery company for assistance. They would be your best bet on getting your files back.
You should also try running your HDD manufacturer's diagnostic tool (in case you can detect the drive in Disk Management and Device Manager) and run the tests from that utility...
Welcome to the community, Aluthav!

Can you please share more details about the troubleshooting you have done so far? I'd recommend you try using a different USB cable with the external HDD and see if that will help you get it recognized somewhere. I'd also suggest you go to Disk Management and Device Manager on your computer and check if the drive is detected there.

If you have any important data on the drive, I'd advise you to get in touch with a professional data recovery company for assistance. They would be your best bet on getting your files back.
You should also try running your HDD manufacturer's diagnostic tool (in case you can detect the drive in Disk Management and Device Manager) and run the tests from that utility to determine the health and SMART status.

Keep us posted with the details! Good luck!
SuperSoph_WD

Solution