[SOLVED] Seal the deal, 970 or 980 ?

Oct 16, 2019
Hello there !
Im kinda facing a dilemma that i want you guys help me with.
I found 2 offers
-one is gtx 970 with 81$ (Palit JetStream)
-second one is gtx 980 with 116$ (Asus Strix)
Im really confused and i dont really know which one to go for, both perform good but gtx 970 is cheaper and i believe gtx 980 is slightly better
Which one shall i go for?

Solution
What is the make and model of your PSU and how old is it? Getting a beefier card will also mean it'll draw more power. You should also factor in that the rest of your components are capable of working in tandem with the new GPU upgrade.

Better list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

If your specs aren't limiting, I'd get the 980.

Lutfij

Titan
What is the make and model of your PSU and how old is it? Getting a beefier card will also mean it'll draw more power. You should also factor in that the rest of your components are capable of working in tandem with the new GPU upgrade.

CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Reactions: King_V
Solution
Oct 16, 2019

CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

It's a i7 4790k with 16gb of ram clocked on 2400mhz

Hello there !
Im kinda facing a dilemma that i want you guys help me with.
I found 2 offers
-one is gtx 970 with 81$ (Palit JetStream)
-second one is gtx 980 with 116$ (Asus Strix)
Im really confused and i dont really know which one to go for, both perform good but gtx 970 is cheaper and i believe gtx 980 is slightly better
Which one shall i go for?

A 980 for barely 100 is a bit suspect, do you have a chance to test the card?

Oct 16, 2019
If you're talking about a good friend, and especially if they will let you run tests on it, and is willing to guarantee the card, then I'm more convinced the 980 is the way to go.
I was just undecided which one to go for so i came on the forum to clarify a thing and in what is regarding my friend, i know him for a long time so no worries bout it
Thank you for your message and also for your given time

Reactions: King_V