[SOLVED] Search bar is not giving me results (I'm using Windows 10 Pro)

Solution
Did you just apply the optional cumulative update KB4512941?

If so, uninstall it.

If you are experiencing unexpected issues immediately or very shortly after any update has been applied, then the first thing you should do is use the Windows 10 built-in capability to uninstall the latest update that’s suspected of causing the issue:

• Open Settings, Update & Security. This should take you to the Windows Update Pane by default.
  • In the Windows Update Pane, locate the View update history control, and activate it.
  • In the View Update History dialog, locate the Uninstall updates link and activate it.
  • In the Installed Updates dialog, the updates will be listed in...

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019

If so, uninstall it.

If you are experiencing unexpected issues immediately or very shortly after any update has been applied, then the first thing you should do is use the Windows 10 built-in capability to uninstall the latest update that’s suspected of causing the issue:

• Open Settings, Update & Security. This should take you to the Windows Update Pane by default.
  • In the Windows Update Pane, locate the View update history control, and activate it.
  • In the View Update History dialog, locate the Uninstall updates link and activate it.
  • In the Installed Updates dialog, the updates will be listed in groupings, with the groups alphabetically ordered, and the items within each group ordered by date – most recently installed first (if no one has changed the defaults). In most cases, you’ll be looking to uninstall a Microsoft Windows update, and those are generally the final group. The number of updates available for uninstalling is shown in parentheses after the Microsoft Windows group name.
  • Almost all Windows Updates will have a KB number associated with them, and if you know that use this as what you search on for the actual update. Select it.
  • Activate the Uninstall button located above the list of updates, and the selected update will be uninstalled.

Reactions: slasherthe34
Solution

slasherthe34

Honorable
Dec 14, 2017

If so, uninstall it.

• In the Installed Updates dialog, the updates will be listed in groupings, with the groups alphabetically ordered, and the items within each group ordered by date – most recently installed first (if no one has changed the defaults). In most cases, you’ll be looking to uninstall a Microsoft Windows update, and those are generally the final group. The number of updates available for uninstalling is shown in parentheses after the Microsoft Windows group name.
  • Almost all Windows Updates will have a KB number associated with them, and if you know that use this as what you search on for the actual update. Select it.
  • Activate the Uninstall button located above the list of updates, and the selected update will be uninstalled.
Finally! it actually worked! I've been trying to fix this since last night and i'm even close to formatting my pc. jeez you help me a lot big time thanks!

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
Microsoft is actually aware of this issue occurring on a subset of machines and has admitted it's a bug and that a fix is in the works.

I have not applied that optional cumulative update not knowing if it would have the undesirable side effects and knowing that the fix will be rolled into September's cumulative update(s).

I'm very glad to hear that this fixed the issue for you.

Reactions: slasherthe34

TRENDING THREADS