Search Companion Error

Good afternoon. When I try and use the Search Companion (Start, Search) and
enter the filename I am searching for and then click Search I get the
following error:

Search Companion
Unexpected Error
Action could not be completed.

That's it. That's all the info I get. Any idea what the problem might be?

Thanks very much.

--
Colleen Gayle Lane
Milton Public Library

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:%23WNYE4tkFHA.3316@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
Colleen Gayle Lane <colleen.lane@mpl.on.ca> had this to say:

> Good afternoon. When I try and use the Search Companion (Start,
> Search) and enter the filename I am searching for and then click
> Search I get the following error:
>
> Search Companion
> Unexpected Error
> Action could not be completed.
>
> That's it. That's all the info I get. Any idea what the problem
> might be?
> Thanks very much.

Try this first I suppose:

How Do I Re-Install The Search Companion:
http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org/how_do_i_reinstall_the_search_c.htm

Galen

without them."

Sherlock Holmes

I did try that first thing and it didn't help. Thanks anyway.

> In news:%23WNYE4tkFHA.3316@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
> Colleen Gayle Lane <colleen.lane@mpl.on.ca> had this to say:

>> Good afternoon. When I try and use the Search Companion (Start,
>> Search) and enter the filename I am searching for and then click
>> Search I get the following error:
>>
>> Search Companion
>> Unexpected Error
>> Action could not be completed.
>>
>> That's it. That's all the info I get. Any idea what the problem
>> might be?
>> Thanks very much.
>
> Try this first I suppose:
>
> How Do I Re-Install The Search Companion:
> http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org/how_do_i_reinstall_the_search_c.htm
>
> Galen
> --
>
> "But there are always some lunatics about. It would be a dull world
> without them."
>
> Sherlock Holmes

Found the problem. This fixes it:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;816665

And I think it was because I didn't have Search Results ticked to show on
the desktop in TweakUI.

Thanks.