search for kb number on microsoft website

It seems most of my microsoft favorites that were saved no longer work.
Changes to microsoft website are making them useless.

So I realize I'll have to re-enable them.

The problem now is I can't seem to find the microsoft website page where you
can search for KB # directly

Thanks for any help

This link may help you.

http://search.microsoft.com/search/help.aspx?View=en-us

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"larryfergy" wrote:
| It seems most of my microsoft favorites that were saved no longer work.
| Changes to microsoft website are making them useless.
|
| So I realize I'll have to re-enable them.
|
| The problem now is I can't seem to find the microsoft website page where
you
| can search for KB # directly
|
| Thanks for any help

www.microsoft.com Then search.

How hard can it be?

--

Regards:

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

"larryfergy" <larryfergy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> It seems most of my microsoft favorites that were saved no longer work.
> Changes to microsoft website are making them useless.
>
> So I realize I'll have to re-enable them.
>
> The problem now is I can't seem to find the microsoft website page where
> you
> can search for KB # directly
>
> Thanks for any help

There used to be a search for just kb??????? number. If I used the generic
search it will open up the whold universe. And I could spend all day looking.

"Richard Urban" wrote:

> www.microsoft.com Then search.
>
> How hard can it be?
>
> --
>
> Regards:
>
> Richard Urban
>
> aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)
>

> "larryfergy" <larryfergy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > It seems most of my microsoft favorites that were saved no longer work.
> > Changes to microsoft website are making them useless.
> >
> > So I realize I'll have to re-enable them.
> >
> > The problem now is I can't seem to find the microsoft website page where
> > you
> > can search for KB # directly
> >
> > Thanks for any help

Save this one on your desktop;

----------article.vbs--------------
kbid = Inputbox("Enter 6-digit MSKB article #.")
kbid = Replace(kbid,"Q","",1,-1,1)
kbid = Replace(kbid,"/","")
Set oIE = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application")
oIE.Navigate "http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];" _
& kbid
'& "kbid=" & kbid
Do Until oIE.ReadyState = 4:WScript.Sleep 10 : Loop
oIE.Toolbar = True
oIE.StatusBar = True
oIE.Resizable = True
oIE.Visible = True
----------end file--------------

--

"larryfergy" wrote:
| There used to be a search for just kb??????? number. If I used the generic
| search it will open up the whold universe. And I could spend all day
looking.

Like Richard said (wrote.) For example, if you wanted to query the Microsoft
Knowledge Base (MSKB) for Windows XP, you would go here:

http://search.support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1&spid=1173

Ted Zieglar

> www.microsoft.com Then search.
>
> How hard can it be?
>
> --
>
> Regards:
>
> Richard Urban
>
> aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)
>

> "larryfergy" <larryfergy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> It seems most of my microsoft favorites that were saved no longer work.
>> Changes to microsoft website are making them useless.
>>
>> So I realize I'll have to re-enable them.
>>
>> The problem now is I can't seem to find the microsoft website page where
>> you
>> can search for KB # directly
>>
>> Thanks for any help

Hi

Try there:

Will Denny
MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User
Please reply to the News Groups

"larryfergy" <larryfergy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> It seems most of my microsoft favorites that were saved no longer work.
> Changes to microsoft website are making them useless.
>
> So I realize I'll have to re-enable them.
>
> The problem now is I can't seem to find the microsoft website page where
> you
> can search for KB # directly
>
> Thanks for any help

Save the following between the line in a file called "kb.reg":

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
; Adapted from an idea by MS-MVP Diane Poremsky
; Adds Address Bar feature to Internet Explorer allowing you to type "KB"
(no quotes)
; followed by the MSKB article number I go directly to the article; example,
type:
; KB 237954
; Revised 11/24/02 by JAE to conform to the new MSKB syntax

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchUrl\KB]
@="http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=%s"

Double click on the file and say "OK" to merge into the registry.

Now in the Address bar of Explorer or IExplorer just type in KB ?????? as in
the example and if it exists, it will go straight to the article.

--

StringFellow Hawk

"Dom, Give me Turbos"
> There used to be a search for just kb??????? number. If I used the generic
> search it will open up the whold universe. And I could spend all day
looking.

> "Richard Urban" wrote:
>
> > www.microsoft.com Then search.
> >
> > How hard can it be?
> >
> > --
> >
> > Regards:
> >
> > Richard Urban
> >
> > aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)
> >

> > "larryfergy" <larryfergy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > It seems most of my microsoft favorites that were saved no longer
work.
> > > Changes to microsoft website are making them useless.
> > >
> > > So I realize I'll have to re-enable them.
> > >
> > > The problem now is I can't seem to find the microsoft website page
where
> > > you
> > > can search for KB # directly
> > >
> > > Thanks for any help

Hi

Not if you type in the KB number.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User
Please reply to the News Groups

"larryfergy" <larryfergy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> There used to be a search for just kb??????? number. If I used the generic
> search it will open up the whold universe. And I could spend all day
> looking.
>
> "Richard Urban" wrote:
>
>> www.microsoft.com Then search.
>>
>> How hard can it be?
>>
>> --
>>
>> Regards:
>>
>> Richard Urban
>>
>> aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)
>>

>> "larryfergy" <larryfergy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > It seems most of my microsoft favorites that were saved no longer work.
>> > Changes to microsoft website are making them useless.
>> >
>> > So I realize I'll have to re-enable them.
>> >
>> > The problem now is I can't seem to find the microsoft website page
>> > where
>> > you
>> > can search for KB # directly
>> >
>> > Thanks for any help