[SOLVED] Search for Specific Gaming Chair, can you help?

Jul 21, 2020
Hi all! I'm on the hunt for a gaming chair and I am hoping somebody knows of one that can fit all of my specs.

I'm looking for...
  • Race car style (is this realllly necessary in a chair? Definitely not. Is it necessary in my chair? For sure! They look sweet)
  • Fabric or mesh (I don't want to sit in my swass puddle in the god-forsaken 100 degree weather and lack of AC, I want all that juicy goodness to get absorbed and wicked away from my poor body)
  • 1D/Linkage style arm rest
  • Full height back (Meaning the chair goes to the top of my head and not just to my neck)
  • The ability for the chair to both rock AND recline. A standard office chair rocks back and forth and most gaming chairs just recline, I'm looking for the wombo combo! The CORSAIR T3 Rush does so as an example.
  • Hopefully less than $300 or close.
About me :)
6' 1"
160lbs

Thank you for helping out with my search!

Solution
Think beyond "gaming chair". That is most likely more of a marketing ploy than the reality of sitting in/using a chair.

Comfort etc. is quite subjective. Mesh yes but the overall quality matters and for what it is worth $300 (US) is not unusual for a good office chair.

I have been using this chair for at least a couple of years:

https://www.staples.com/staples-hyk...-silver-53293/product_24328579?akamai-feo=off

There are variations on the model and can cost more.

Go to a few stores and try chairs out. Look at the materials, the construction. Very likely you will need to take the box home and assemble the chair. Or pay to have that done; which, can be problematic if the "assembler" is...

Ralston18

Titan
Think beyond "gaming chair". That is most likely more of a marketing ploy than the reality of sitting in/using a chair.

Comfort etc. is quite subjective. Mesh yes but the overall quality matters and for what it is worth $300 (US) is not unusual for a good office chair.

I have been using this chair for at least a couple of years:

https://www.staples.com/staples-hyk...-silver-53293/product_24328579?akamai-feo=off

There are variations on the model and can cost more.

Go to a few stores and try chairs out. Look at the materials, the construction. Very likely you will need to take the box home and assemble the chair. Or pay to have that done; which, can be problematic if the "assembler" is unskilled, careless, or ticked off because of being given the job.....

And consider forgoing looking "sweet".

Never let form get in the way of function. Comfort, ergonomics, and durability matter.

Solution
Jul 21, 2020
That is good advice, thank you for giving me a link to your chair! I appreciate it.

Does anybody else have experience/recommendations for a chair that will fit some (or hopefully all) of my wants?

Thanks again Ralston!