Search for the right BARCODE SCANNER... Please Help. thanks

Aug 27, 2018
Hi everyone, I hope one of you can help me out. You see at my shop I have this really old epos system and the barcode scanner it uses is really old and breaks down at times. So I thought I would buy a new scanner but turns out the system I am using is really old like from 3 decades old and it doesn't accept usb peripherals. The scanner that I use at the moment is old as well and it has a Ethernet like connector but a bit wider (i think modular plug its called).I couldn't find it anywhere so I was hoping you could tell me where can I find such a barcode scanner.

Btw this epos system (from Edacom) is at petrol station so I can't just get a new system without spending a lot of money. So I hope I can find the scanner which can connect to it.

Solution
Aug 27, 2018

The connector it uses looks similar to ethernet connector but its not an rj45 connector. The connector it uses is like an rj45 but a bit wider. The barcode scanner is PSC Space (https://cybarcode.com/psc/barcode_scanners/countertop/omni-directional/sp_ace) . Its an old piece of tech can't find much any info on internet. I have emailed Cybarcode lot lets see what they say. On their website they say it uses "POS interface cable" but when I type that in google it only shows rj45 Ethernet connectors.

The cable I linked is not an ethernet cable. Count the pins, Ethernet cables have 8. I'm sure a retailer that sells barcode readers or POS systems will be able to tell you exactly what you need. RJ45 is not just for Ethernet, it is the type of connection.

Solution