Question Searches on Google, but reopens a Bing Tab

thedoomturtle

Prominent
Jul 8, 2018
Sorry if this is the area to post this, seemed to be the most appropriate area to me.

I am currently on a Windows 10 desktop. At the moment, anytime I search something on google, it comes up in a google results tab. However, once I click on a link, it opens a new tab and replicates the search in a Bing tab.

I cannot think of anything I have installed recently that could potentially be shady, this just came out of the blue one day. It's been the longest time since I have installed any new extensions on Chrome, or downloaded anything that wasn't download from a platform (such as Steam).

Any ideas on what is happening? Is it just a small bug I can fix or could there be an issue that I need to resolve? (Apologies if this sounds anxious, someone had this problem on a Mac and it was deemed a virus)

thedoomturtle

Prominent
Jul 8, 2018
Can you take a screen shot of your Google search results (before clicking a link) and post the image here?
Have you scanned for viruses/mal-ware?

-Wolf sends
Have not scanned for anything as I haven't really paid for a anti-virus. So if anything has snuck in, I wouldn't be surprised and I am kinda silly for not getting one

Edit: Windows Security doesn't seem concerned about anything right now, but would understand if the provided software by Windows wasn't thorough

Last edited:

Wolfshadw

Titan
Unfortunately, I don't have Chrome installed, but in the images you provided, the first result for a Google Search of "Gamer Moment" was the Google Images link. For me, the images are blanked out in the image you posted, but a search on my end gives me the images.

The second image you posted is still a google page, just the images that came as a result of the search.

-Wolf sends

thedoomturtle

Prominent
Jul 8, 2018
Unfortunately, I don't have Chrome installed, but in the images you provided, the first result for a Google Search of "Gamer Moment" was the Google Images link. For me, the images are blanked out in the image you posted, but a search on my end gives me the images.

The second image you posted is still a google page, just the images that came as a result of the search.

-Wolf sends
I highlighted the top showing that the result was duplicated. When clicking the "images," it creates a new tab with the same search but in the Bing search engine

thedoomturtle

Prominent
Jul 8, 2018
Evidently Malwarebytes keeps blocking a website named "holokkol.pro" and labels it a Trojan. Slightly concerned now, not exactly sure what to do

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS