[SOLVED] Searching best cpu for rx 570 4g

abecedni.k

Commendable
Jul 15, 2018
Hello, i have B250m-provd MBU (1151 socket)
And i recently bought rx 570 and i am searching for best 1151 socket cpu because my g4600 pentium sucks.
What do you think about
Intel Core i3-9100F ?

Solution
I can't in all honesty throw a recommendation for anything Intel that's 8 threads or less for even mediocre gaming. The way games are expanding thread counts to incorporate the data they used to push on single threads at high speeds, lack of threads in your current processor is what's killing you. The Pentium is decent, especially for office/light computing, but for games its well down, if not below, any recommended and most minimum standards.

For low budget builds/upgrades, Amd is value king, by a landslide. Might not get the most fps (by a rather small margin) but minimum fps is considerably higher in anything cpu taxing. Which includes all the AI online games invariably use. A 3300x or 2600 would be the goto cpus.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
That's a KabyLake CPU/compatible chipset. While the same socket as an i3-9100F, it's not compatible. You'd need B360, B365, H310, Z370 or Z390 motherboard to support that i3.

The 'best' CPU compatible with that motherboard would be an i7-6700/K or i7-7700K.
Given the prices those still command on the used market, an i3-9100F + B360 motherboard would likely work out cheaper!

And yes, the i3-9100F would be a good pairing with an RX570.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
I can't in all honesty throw a recommendation for anything Intel that's 8 threads or less for even mediocre gaming. The way games are expanding thread counts to incorporate the data they used to push on single threads at high speeds, lack of threads in your current processor is what's killing you. The Pentium is decent, especially for office/light computing, but for games its well down, if not below, any recommended and most minimum standards.

For low budget builds/upgrades, Amd is value king, by a landslide. Might not get the most fps (by a rather small margin) but minimum fps is considerably higher in anything cpu taxing. Which includes all the AI online games invariably use. A 3300x or 2600 would be the goto cpus.

Solution