Searching components to upgrade my actual PC. Need suggestions.

DavidVilla5

Prominent
Aug 4, 2017
Hello, I need to upgrade my actual PC, but I have some parts that can be re-used. Here´s the list:

CPU: AMD FX 6300
Motherboard: MSI 760GM-P23
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GBx1
GPU: Nvidia GTX 750 1GB
HDD 1: Toshiba 1TB 7200RPM
HDD 2: Seagate 500GB 5400RPM
Thermaltake Case
1920x1080 Monitor

I mainly use my PC for design software (Photoshop, Premiere, After Effects), but I like to play games like GTA V or Dirt sometimes.

I'm looking forward to upgrading but keeping mainly both HDD, Case and fans. I'm planning on spending around $600 on a new CPU, Motherboard (micro ATX), GPU, RAM and a PSU. I was thinking of building something around an i5 7500 and a GTX 1050ti, powered by some tier 2 PSU, but I don't know what's the best for my budget. What do you recommend?

Solution
Yes can keep the items you already listed you wanted to keep. Thats fine.

I would recommend a Ryzen build if you mainly deal with design software. Those extra cores will help you out in the long run.

Maybe try a Ryzen bundle and save a little cash?

https://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.3442148

You could even maybe get away with a 1600 CPU instead and use the extra money on other components such as a case, psu etc...

This is just a general idea.
Yes can keep the items you already listed you wanted to keep. Thats fine.

I would recommend a Ryzen build if you mainly deal with design software. Those extra cores will help you out in the long run.

Maybe try a Ryzen bundle and save a little cash?

https://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.3442148

You could even maybe get away with a 1600 CPU instead and use the extra money on other components such as a case, psu etc...

This is just a general idea.

Solution

DavidVilla5

Prominent
Aug 4, 2017

Thank you very much sir. I ended up deciding for a Ryzen 5 1600, paired with a GTX 1060 3GB, 16Gb of RAM and a B350 Asrock Motherboard.