Question Searching for a mid tower case with good airflow

Sep 7, 2019
Hi, I'm looking for a mid tower case for my new PC build. Since I plan to do some overclocking and my video card is RTX 2070 super, I want to get a case with strong cooling performance. After some research I find the Cooler Master NR600 and Phanteks P400A (non RGB). Besides, I like the design of be quiet!'s newest model Pure Base 500 but I'm not sure if it has a good airflow. So how to choose from these three, or do you have other suggestions under $100?

Here's the part list:
CPU: Intel i7 9700K
Video Card: MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62
Fan: be quiet! Silent Wings 3 PWM High-Speed 120mm

Thanks!

This is probably your best high airflow case under 100 bucks. If you don't like the white, you can get it in black for about ten bucks more. Both are tempered glass side panels.

PCPartPicker Part List

Case: Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case ($94.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $94.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-09-26 22:48 EDT-0400

None of the cases you listed would qualify as "high airflow" since they all have seriously restricted front panels.

Sep 7, 2019
This is probably your best high airflow case under 100 bucks. If you don't like the white, you can get it in black for about ten bucks more. Both are tempered glass side panels.

PCPartPicker Part List

Case: Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case ($94.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $94.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-09-26 22:48 EDT-0400

None of the cases you listed would qualify as "high airflow" since they all have seriously restricted front panels.
Thanks! I've found this one before and it is perfect. However it can't support a 328mm GPU.

Actually, unlike the P400, that P400A does have decent airflow but you do realize that it only supports graphics cards that long IF you remove the hard drive brackets, right?

This is certainly an excellent option as well, but again, like the P400A the hard drive cage has to be removed for a graphics card of that length to be used. Even so, there are alternative places for mounting hard drives, and upper bays. This is probably a significantly better case than the P400A.

https://www.newegg.com/brushed-blac...&ranSiteID=8BacdVP0GFs-szF0U.Qg04Trm_ufNUecSg

And also the BeQuiet Purebase 600 is worth looking at too. It's not a full mesh front panel that is going to give you almost unrestricted airflow, but it's two openings are MUCH more unobstructed than a lot of other cases and shouldn't have too much of an effect on airflow unless you have four very high volume 140mm fans going full blast, and maybe not even then.

Sep 7, 2019
Actually, unlike the P400, that P400A does have decent airflow but you do realize that it only supports graphics cards that long IF you remove the hard drive brackets, right?

This is certainly an excellent option as well, but again, like the P400A the hard drive cage has to be removed for a graphics card of that length to be used. Even so, there are alternative places for mounting hard drives, and upper bays. This is probably a significantly better case than the P400A.

https://www.newegg.com/brushed-black-phanteks-enthoo-pro-m-atx-mid-tower/p/N82E16811854042?Item=N82E16811854042&nm_mc=AFC-RAN-COM&cm_mmc=AFC-RAN-COM&utm_medium=affiliates&utm_source=afc-PCPartPicker&AFFID=2558510&AFFNAME=PCPartPicker&ACRID=1&ASID=https://pcpartpicker.com/product/2mQRsY/phanteks-enthoo-pro-m-tempered-glass-atx-mid-tower-case-ph-es515ptg_bk&ranMID=44583&ranEAID=2558510&ranSiteID=8BacdVP0GFs-szF0U.Qg04Trm_ufNUecSg

And also the BeQuiet Purebase 600 is worth looking at too. It's not a full mesh front panel that is going to give you almost unrestricted airflow, but it's two openings are MUCH more unobstructed than a lot of other cases and shouldn't have too much of an effect on airflow unless you have four very high volume 140mm fans going full blast, and maybe not even then.
I'll check the Enthoo Pro M. Really Thanks!