[SOLVED] Searching for a white 2.1 speaker system with volume puck!

DonoDonato

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2013
Hi, guys,

Does anyone know any speakers who:
~Are white;
~2.1 stereo (satelite speakers and a subwoofer);
~Has a volume puck or some other wired control pod (like the logitechs used to have);
~Separate drivers for high range (tweeter), mid-range, and subwoofer.
~Supports bluetooth as well.

The only ones i found that come close are the:
Microlab M-600BT White. But they have only a subwoofer and full-range drivers (1 driver per satelite), so the sound quality is not what i am looking for.

Thank you for reading my thread, hope you can help.

Dono

Solution
Hi,
option anymore, or make white speakers more popular. noone buys ikea in black, i can guarantee.

My Ikea desks are black, I have 3 of them :)

The issue with finding what you are looking for it not so much that they don't make 2.1 setups with external controls, it's that you also want two drivers and in white. You can find a lot of dogs to bring home, even a lot of brown dogs. Even small brown dogs. But if you want a brown dog that is 40% light brown, 15% dark brown, 45% white with a tail 5" long that used to be owned by a Russian ballet dancer, that will start to be an issue hehe.

You may want to setup something with an external controller like I have along with a 2.0 speaker and a sub like the Kanto setup. Of course...
You will have to pick something to give up to get white speakers. Without hearing them you don't know what sound quality would be. You can't just say because there are two drivers in the sats they will sound better.

This https://www.amazon.com/Edifier-USA-...7BQA2ENWCZE&psc=1&refRID=SYPNBB6B17BQA2ENWCZE

Swans

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00OKUAFYC/ref=dp_olp_0?ie=UTF8&condition=all

Edifier e235 Bluetooth but not sure if they are found in white easily.

You may just need to get a 2.0 speaker set with a sub out like the Kanto Yu2 and a sub, and wire an audio controller between computer and speakers.

How much are you wanting to spend? What quality of music are you looking for? Do you have a dedicated sound card?

Just for comparison im running a sound blaster ZxR sound card with 2 Yamaha HS8 and a single HS8subwoofer. Switching between the soundcard and onboard sound is a night and day difference in audio quality.

DonoDonato

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2013
You will have to pick something to give up to get white speakers. Without hearing them you don't know what sound quality would be. You can't just say because there are two drivers in the sats they will sound better.

This https://www.amazon.com/Edifier-USA-...7BQA2ENWCZE&psc=1&refRID=SYPNBB6B17BQA2ENWCZE

Swans

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00OKUAFYC/ref=dp_olp_0?ie=UTF8&condition=all

Edifier e235 Bluetooth but not sure if they are found in white easily.

You may just need to get a 2.0 speaker set with a sub out like the Kanto Yu2 and a sub, and wire an audio controller between computer and speakers.

These are all good, but none of them have the wired Sound Control hockey-puck (control pod, volume rocker i don't know how to call it, the Logitechs used to have them, edifier s330d has one etc).

The swans i was tempted to buy as they go on the table, which i can do, because i have a big Ikea Bekant table. I watched the reviews and listened to sound samples, and the main complain was that the treble was too much. And indeed in samples they sound treble heavy. I am not sure if equalizer is the route i want to go, wish they sounded great out of the box.

The EDifiers are probably one of the crazies speakers i've seen, something that could match the Harcmon Cardon Sounds Sticks. It doesnt have the volume puck, but it has the remote. Unoftunately the remote has no rubber grips, as i saw in the reviews and needs to bepicked up to use. Altho the sound signature seems good.

Yes i looked at Kanto's YU2 many times before i wrote the post. They are probably the only ones with Matte finish, but, yet again ... No volume control puck. I do not understand why they don't do them as an option. Reaching to speakers, especialy at night, is not a good thing. I can see myself knocking the speakers out of place eatch time i want to colume control.

I will keep looking.

DonoDonato

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2013
How much are you wanting to spend? What quality of music are you looking for? Do you have a dedicated sound card?

Just for comparison im running a sound blaster ZxR sound card with 2 Yamaha HS8 and a single HS8subwoofer. Switching between the soundcard and onboard sound is a night and day difference in audio quality.
Hi. Well, i've made the mistake of making a Mini ITX pc build so i do not have a slot ofr the sound-card, which i actually want. But i will surely get one with my next one. So for now, i am searching for something not too crazy, something maybe ~250 Euros. or less. However if the speakers are White, Has Volume Control Puck, 2.1, and make no Buzzing sound i'd totally be willing to pay a little more.

DonoDonato

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2013
I have these and they are just superb for pc speakers. Only thing is they don’t come in white but tick the other boxes https://www.bose.co.uk/en_gb/produc...system.html#v=companion50_graphite_gray_gb_ie
Oh the Bose Companions. Yes i've looked a them. Honestly i was even considering the Bose Companion 20's, but they are silver and not white. But they seem to have a great volume control hockey-puck. Altho i saw some complains in review that it's eas to tap them by accident, which turns off the sound :D

Oh and this is not related to your response, but i'll just mention that a single full-range driver will have dificulties reproducing highs's and low's, so the sound would start breaking up, That's why i am so keen on having a separate tweeter and mid-rage driver on the satelites.

I'll keep looking. I'm pritty sure i'll make a youtube review if my half-year search would end succesfully!

Hi. Well, i've made the mistake of making a Mini ITX pc build so i do not have a slot ofr the sound-card, which i actually want. But i will surely get one with my next one. So for now, i am searching for something not too crazy, something maybe ~250 Euros. or less. However if the speakers are White, Has Volume Control Puck, 2.1, and make no Buzzing sound i'd totally be willing to pay a little more.

Take a look at the Sound blasterX G5 7.1, i use it at work. Plugs in with USB and Optical so no need for an internal sound card.

Kind of have a frankenstein setup at work. I have a set of bookshelf speakers i built myself from a pair of Focal 165AS3 3way speakers running off a Focal Solid 2 and a pair of JL Audio CP108LG-W3V3 subs ran from a Focal solid 1 Amps are ran off a EVGA 550w G3 computer power supply.

These are all good, but none of them have the wired Sound Control hockey-puck (control pod, volume rocker i don't know how to call it, the Logitechs used to have them, edifier s330d has one etc).

-------------------

I will keep looking.

I'd just get a different color or forget the sound puck, or use an external sound card with a volume control on it, or a break out box. Seems like a lot of work for a small thing. Being less picky will get you something vs nothing, and nothing is not usually as good as having something. Unless you are talking about some disease :)

This is my setup running an external dac/headpone amp, volume for the headphones, line out to speakers with volume separately on those. I'm just not as caught up in getting a bunch of things that the speakers have to have, good enough is good enough for me. The stuff is easy enough to control this way.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/aunitGQoTEpNojAfA

Last edited:

DonoDonato

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2013
I'd just get a different color or forget the sound puck, or use an external sound card with a volume control on it, or a break out box. Seems like a lot of work for a small thing. Being less picky will get you something vs nothing, and nothing is not usually as good as having something. Unless you are talking about some disease :)

This is my setup running an external dac/headpone amp, volume for the headphones, line out to speakers with volume separately on those. I'm just not as caught up in getting a bunch of things that the speakers have to have, good enough is good enough for me. The stuff is easy enough to control this way.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/aunitGQoTEpNojAfA
Hi,

I need them in white, because my new Ikea desk has white units. The hockey-puck used to be a feature of allmost all sound systems in the past. I've got so used to it, i do not even understand why would they not include that option anymore, or make white speakers more popular. noone buys ikea in black, i can guarantee.

They are just saving production costs, and dont bother with the convenience. I mean some spkeaers have colume control on their back ... It's ok, if you want to fiddle with the system volume, but what if i use 2 or more devices.

I'll keep searching for those speakers, and some hockey-puck solution :D
And yes, perhaps i need to search for mixers/amps/external sondcards/ or something with the hockey pucks. I'll get into it.

Hi,
option anymore, or make white speakers more popular. noone buys ikea in black, i can guarantee.

My Ikea desks are black, I have 3 of them :)

The issue with finding what you are looking for it not so much that they don't make 2.1 setups with external controls, it's that you also want two drivers and in white. You can find a lot of dogs to bring home, even a lot of brown dogs. Even small brown dogs. But if you want a brown dog that is 40% light brown, 15% dark brown, 45% white with a tail 5" long that used to be owned by a Russian ballet dancer, that will start to be an issue hehe.

You may want to setup something with an external controller like I have along with a 2.0 speaker and a sub like the Kanto setup. Of course price then will be several hundreds instead of like $100-150 for something like a Klipsh Pro Media setup.

49578856378_d9916f740f_k.jpg

Last edited:
Solution