[SOLVED] Searching for budget monitor under 200$

hakim.homecentra

Honorable
Mar 26, 2018
My DELL 20" monitor has died so I have been trying to look for a monitor replacement

I'm not a designer so I don't really need super accurate color but I'm doing a lot of programming so I do a lot of reading a thousand lines of texts
I'm not really playing any fast-paced gaming like First-person shooting games or racing games, just typical RPG and other easy-paced story-driven games (Currently playing Zero no Kiseki).
and lastly, I'm using a very budget graphic card NVIDIA GTX 1050 TI, so I want at least a monitor that does not too hard on my little guy

Right now I'm narrowing it into 3 choices of monitor under 200$ which is:
  • BenQ GW2283 22 Inch
  • LG 22MN430M-B Monitor 22-Inch
  • Lenovo D22E-20 22

What do you guys think works for me? If you have any other better option is also appreciated.

Solution
Under 200 dollars and given your location, this is probably your best option. From Umart in Australia. If there is another country or online retailer that better serves you I can look there but for the most part you are surrounded by countries that either have worse hardware availability than you do or are simply astronomically expensive.

PCPartPicker Part List

Monitor: LG 24GN600-B 24.0" 1920 x 1080 144 Hz Monitor ($198.50 @ Umart)
Total: $198.50
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-09-29 03:06 AEST+1000
Under 200 dollars and given your location, this is probably your best option. From Umart in Australia. If there is another country or online retailer that better serves you I can look there but for the most part you are surrounded by countries that either have worse hardware availability than you do or are simply astronomically expensive.

PCPartPicker Part List

Solution
Can you find any Dells?

Not sure about Indonesia, but in US I found 2 different Dells under 200 dollars recently. Both were 24 inch, larger than you need.

You need some luck with monitors due to quality control issues. I have used various brands and don't find a lot of difference between them.

I do. And I find that even at the budget end of things the LG panels are much less prone to developing problems than most of what is sold by Acer, BenQ, AOC, Philips, Sceptre and other budget manufacturers. Now, I'm not saying any of those ONLY make budget models or that all their displays are junk, just that at the budget end of the spectrum when it comes to cheaper displays, LG seems to have much better quality and longevity than most others. Definitely Dell, LG, ASUS, AOC and others have some very good displays as well, even budget models, but the success rate for these types of displays just seems to be a lot better with LG and they are widely available worldwide, unlike some others.

But there are also a lot of good Dell panels out there. So they are worth checking into as well.

hakim.homecentra

Honorable
Mar 26, 2018
Can you find any Dells?

Not sure about Indonesia, but in US I found 2 different Dells under 200 dollars recently. Both were 24 inch, larger than you need.

You need some luck with monitors due to quality control issues. I have used various brands and don't find a lot of difference between them.

May I know the name of the series? Most of the DELL monitor available which at least have 4 stars or more online is more than 350$

I actually bought my DELL monitor secondhanded in 2014 and it only recently died, it's a very reliable piece of Monitor if I say

May I know the name of the series? Most of the DELL monitor available which at least have 4 stars or more online is more than 350$

I actually bought my DELL monitor secondhanded in 2014 and it only recently died, it's a very reliable piece of Monitor if I say

E2422HS at 198; it has 1 HDMI 1.4; 1 Display Port 1.2; and 1 VGA; apparently no audio line out;

S2421H at 185; it has 2 HDMI 1.4; it has an audio line out; no Display Port; 173 at Amazon as of 7/10/22; matte screen; includes HDMI cable of about 68 inches;

Both have speakers.

hakim.homecentra

Honorable
Mar 26, 2018

PCPartPicker Part List

I'm not a Monitor expert but damn that just like a luxury monitor on the budget? I mean it uses an IPS panel which is the most expensive panel and 144Hz

But I'm kinda worried about those tiny stands, I don't have any wall that can be mounted so that tiny stand is the only thing I have to rely on...

I will check the review first and will be back later

hakim.homecentra

Honorable
Mar 26, 2018
E2422HS at 198; it has 1 HDMI 1.4; 1 Display Port 1.2; and 1 VGA; apparently no audio line out;

S2421H at 185; it has 2 HDMI 1.4; it has an audio line out; no Display Port; 173 at Amazon as of 7/10/22; matte screen; includes HDMI cable of about 68 inches;

Both have speakers.

dumb question, but can I choose not to use the speaker? I only use Headset all my life because I don't want to bother my family or neighbor with my music

I'm not a Monitor expert but damn that just like a luxury monitor on the budget? I mean it uses an IPS panel which is the most expensive panel and 144Hz

But I'm kinda worried about those tiny stands, I don't have any wall that can be mounted so that tiny stand is the only thing I have to rely on...

I will check the review first and will be back later
Pretty much all of the LG panels have that style of stand, including the three sitting right in front of me and they don't move at all. The stand is not a problem at all that I haven noticed.