[SOLVED] Searching for help with BSOD: Kernel Mode Heap Corruption

Dec 16, 2020
I'm getting this BSOD error on my new PC. I build it this week, but every time I try to start it up in blues screens in 10s - 5 min (even did it during the windows set-up (when creating a user and stuff)). I have not downloaded anything on this current pc, it has not even been connected to the internet yet.
  • I updated the bios (MOBO Asus prime X570-P, bios 2606 -> bios 3001)
  • I went online in safe mode. Downloaded driver easy and updated all the drivers.
  • I did a clean windows install
  • I enabled XMP (DOCP) and the computer black (not blue) screened and restarted
  • I tested my RAM slots by moving the RAM around
  • I had someone look at it: He tested a different RAM stick (don't know if it is in the QVL), tested another windows install (and with that a different NVME), and concluded the problem must be the RAM slots.
  • I replaced the MOBO (for the same model). Still Blue screening. Maybe I missed something, maybe someone can help me diagnose the problem. Maybe there is a hardware issue, but I don't know how to test it.

I have G.skill F4-3600C16D-16GVK RAM, it is not on the QVL, but it is on the QVL made by G.skill for this RAM set, so I guess it should work.
Ryzen 7 3700X CPU, Corsair RM 650 PSU, Samsung evo 970 plus M.2 and a Nvidia 3060ti GPU

Every idea is welcome ,I'm getting desperate!

Solution
Getting crashes in the installer always makes me look at ram

It being on a list by ram maker is over ruled by it not being on the motherboard maker list. I would return ram and try to get ram that is on the MB listing. As if you did try to get support from the MB maker, they would point at their QVL list.

better to get ram that should work with XMP settings too.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Getting crashes in the installer always makes me look at ram

It being on a list by ram maker is over ruled by it not being on the motherboard maker list. I would return ram and try to get ram that is on the MB listing. As if you did try to get support from the MB maker, they would point at their QVL list.

better to get ram that should work with XMP settings too.

Solution