Searching for these two

soumikkol60

Reputable
Aug 29, 2014
I am searching for the i7 4770s or 4790s online in trusted sites which have the option of accepting Indian currency.

Please help me understand if it is a wise option to choose this. Accordingly I'll choose the other components. I understand that price of these are comparatively higher. The TDP is excellent and it's i7- beats the others. Right? (Electricity rates are quite high here! So hoping to save in the long run.... )

Personally I wouldn't worry and would simply get the un-suffixed i7 4770 or i7 4790. In most cases you will not see the processor draw anything near it's defined TDP. Only when running in Turbo mode - and that's really when you need the horsepower anyway, right? From what I've seen speculation says that the -S suffixed models achieve their lower specified TDP simply by dropping out of Tubo mode quicker relative to the un-suffixed models.

soumikkol60

Reputable
Aug 29, 2014

I see. So basically same but advertised differently. :D

No, not really. The -s model will not stay in Turbo boost mode as long as the non-suffixed models, so as to stay within its TDP specifications. Think of it as a little slower. In most workloads you'll never notice anything. If you run a benchmark or CPU-intensive workload, then the -S model will run slightly slower.