Searching help with my laptop

Mikk3834

Honorable
Nov 28, 2013
Hello everyone. I just bought an used laptop, but there seems to be some problems with it.
First of all, it was reformatted when I got it, no updates were done, and the windows is not activated. Though the new windows that has been installed on it, isn't the same as there was on the computer before, therefore the product key that stands under my computer doesn't work. What can I do about that?

Next question: when I look in the uninstall / install manager there is not a single program installed, can that be because I haven't updated the computer yet?

Next question (important): so my computer goes to a black screen with a blinking dash after it been turned on for around 10 minutes. After it been blinking for some time it goes out. Than when I turn it back on it resumes windows, so it proceeds with the updates that is installing. But I can't really use a computer that goes out every 10th minute. What can the problem be?

Please help, best regards

Dragoic

Honorable
May 5, 2013

Mikk3834

Honorable
Nov 28, 2013
Old version was windows 7 home premium.
New version is windows 7 ultimate.
Will I have to install the home premium again, in order to use the key?
Not to mention can I use the key even though it has been used on this computer before?

And the laptop does get warm, but not very warm, had computers that got warmer before.
Is there a reason the laptop gets warmer than when you bought it? Cus I can't believe that it will help 100% to clean out the fans?

Dragoic

Honorable
May 5, 2013
You cannot use a Windows 7 Home Prem key on a ultimate. By the fact that Ultimate is the complete version of Windows 7 with all features and it cost a lot more. So download the Home Prem ISO

It is very common that the Windows 7 Ultimate is cracked and the might be the reason why it is not activated.

You can use your Windows 7 Home Prem key as much as you want. As long as it is only installed on 1 PC. Under the activation, it might ask you to call Microsoft's automatic phone service to reactivate the key.

Mikk3834

Honorable
Nov 28, 2013
Found it, updating the pc, but through the 134 updates it shut down when after I had to resume about 30 times...
And it doesn't feel very warm, anyone who has a solution?