Question Searching storage server

Mar 9, 2019
Hello,

I'am searching company which producing Storage Server with HDD(about 3-4 PTB) for my project(possibly the cheapest option available in the market) , server must have interface to changing disks with target data and sets another useless at the time disks to offline/standby.

I'd appreciate it if someone give information :)

kanewolf

Titan
The cheapest way to store petabytes of data is tape. No electricity required once the data is written. You don't have to buy all the media until you need it. You need a disk buffer before the tape to archive from and restore to. You need a hierarchical file system to handle migrating data to and from tape. And obviously a robotic tape archive.

Your 4PB of storage would require about 500 drives with 10TB disks.

Mar 9, 2019
I have an order and it must be on hdd. I want to get finished product on HDD ready to simple install. Software will see only one large space from disks and special interface changing disk to target data. My searching result : supermicro, cepoint . Do anyone know other company which producing storage servers to append on my list which I will want to contact and get the personalized product?

kanewolf

Titan
I have an order and it must be on hdd. I want to get finished product on HDD ready to simple install. Software will see only one large space from disks and special interface changing disk to target data. My searching result : supermicro, cepoint . Do anyone know other company which producing storage servers to append on my list which I will want to contact and get the personalized product?
What protocol do you want to use to interact with this storage? HTTPS? NFS? CIFS? iSCSI? SCSI on FC? SCSI on IB?