Status
Not open for further replies.

RyGuy92

Reputable
Feb 3, 2016
Hello, just have a quick question since I can't seem to find anything similar. I just put my rig together roughly about 2 weeks ago. I wanted to go as high end as possible on the PSU to avoid any potential power issues. One thing I've noticed since I've had it, is a very faint ticking noise coming from the PSU. It doesn't do it constantly, but when it does happen it is very faint, and not extremely audible. It does not appear to be emanating from the fan of the PSU either. When the noise does happen it seems to be coming from the back of it. I also have not overclocked the machine yet and I have hybrid mode disabled, but have also tried with hybrid mode enabled and it is still there. All power saving options have been disabled and have everything set to maximum performance as well. Thanks in advance for any posts!

SPECS
  • MSI Z390 MEG ACE
  • I9 9900k
  • Corsair H150i cooler
  • Corsair Vengeance 16gb 3200mhz ram
  • MSI RTX 2070 gaming Z
  • Samsung 960 pro 500gb SSD
  • Seasonic 850W Titanium

RyGuy92

Reputable
Feb 3, 2016
I've noticed the tick only seems to happen after I've been playing games for a while and have exited the game. But like I said, I only notice it if I'm close to the psu and comes from the back and not the fan.

It's nothing like anything I've heard online so far since this noise is significantly quieter than anything else I've heard. Once I've been away from my pc for awhile after a gaming session, it seems to have stopped making the noise. Could this be a result of heating up and cooling down or just random common psu noise?

Other than this slight noise here and there the product seems to work great and is completely silent.

Status
Not open for further replies.