Seasonic eco psu

Karl Odronia

Commendable
Jan 2, 2017
i'd like to ask if choosing seasonic eco 400 watts power supply will be a good choice for my current build.

here's my build:

msi h110m pro vd plus
i3 6100
power color rx 460 2gb
120 gb ssd

my initial choice was corsair vs450 but i saw that there are many complains about it. so, will seasonic eco provide my build's power need and wil it protect my curretn build?

Solution
It's not AS good as Seasonic's other PSU's but for a budget PSU it is very good. If you want a PSU as good as Seasonic's other PSU's you will have to pay more and buy one!

For your modest build, either of those PSU's will be perfectly, absolutely 100% fine. Some people get a bit silly about getting the absolute best PSU in the world but it makes more sense to look at your other hardware too. There's no point spending a fortune on a PSU that costs more than most of the other components put together!

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2800032/antec-vp450p-seasonic-eco-430.html

Colif

Win 11 Master
Using the cooler master power calculator, based on what you gave (adding 16gb ram as I wasn't sure) it comes to below 200w. Its always a good idea to give self wiggle room and they even suggest a 550w psu for the build.

I think I would get a 500 just in case you ever upgrade anything though power consumption has been dropping. Seasonic make good PSU (and I not just saying that cause I have one) so you can't go wrong with them (I don't think)

Colif

Win 11 Master
It's not AS good as Seasonic's other PSU's but for a budget PSU it is very good. If you want a PSU as good as Seasonic's other PSU's you will have to pay more and buy one!

For your modest build, either of those PSU's will be perfectly, absolutely 100% fine. Some people get a bit silly about getting the absolute best PSU in the world but it makes more sense to look at your other hardware too. There's no point spending a fortune on a PSU that costs more than most of the other components put together!

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2800032/antec-vp450p-seasonic-eco-430.html

Solution