Question Seasonic Fanless powersupplies being sold used ?!

Commendable
Jan 27, 2021
I was checking ebay happened to notice many people selling used Seasonic (ultra plat.) Fanless power supplies.

If I had one you couldn't rip it from my hands!

But I'm i got scared to buy: I'd never sell one if I had it. Why are so many people selling high watt fanless power supplies used??

Lutfij

Titan
Can you share the lsitings for the PSU in question? Often times an used PSU sin't what you should be investing in since you need to believe what the seller is stating. They could be lying or even telling the truth, it could even be that they taxed the unit heavily...then blew the dust out and then are sold to recover some of their dough at your wallet's expense.

I was checking ebay happened to notice many people selling used Seasonic (ultra plat.) Fanless power supplies.

If I had one you couldn't rip it from my hands!

But I'm i got scared to buy: I'd never sell one if I had it. Why are so many people selling high watt fanless power supplies used??
Define high watt. Nowadays with psu's going up to 1600 watts the ones you're seeing may simply not be powerful enough, especially for high wattage gpu's. Plus many psu's offer a fanless mode when less than a quarter or third of their power is being used, and a lot of people are switching to those. And with gpu's and motherboards now requiring multiple connectors to provide enough power, the fanless ones may simply not support enough power cables.

Commendable
Jan 27, 2021
Define high watt. Nowadays with psu's going up to 1600 watts

I was suspecting that and am fishing for any news of problems

(suspecting these great fanless PS are being sold by true gamers who upgraded to i9 and a couple fast Nvidia cards - that the min. W just keeps going up recently)

I've had PS needing 3 and 4 fan replacements EACH (yes it took years but happened none the less). Tired of replacing brushless fans o_O

(as for age of unit, that should be determined with price consideration before purchase - correct. many fanless units being sold are relatively "new", however)