• i7 7700
  • Asus H270 Prime Plus
  • 2 x 8 Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000 MHz
  • 1 TB WD Blue
  • 256 Gb SSD M.2 XPG SPECTRIX S40G
  • RX 570 4Gb MSI Armor OC
  • EVGA 450gd
  • Corsair Carbide 400c

I want to upgade my setup this year. Im planing to get a RTX 3080 or at least a 3070, Ryzen 7 5800x or at least 5 5600x + Mother, a CPU Cooler, and some RGB leds for the case.
I know 850w is good enough or maybe 750w? for this upgrades, but I want to make the investment once and get room for future upgrades.
I'm from Argentina and the PSU market here is very limited, I can get this:

• Seasonic Focus+ (it has a + in the name in the box, the model is SSR 850PX Platinum ~ 260U$S
  • Seasonic Focus Gold GX-850 ~ 233U$S
  • ASUS Rog Strix 850G ~ 330U$S
  • Asus Thor 850P ~ 373U$S

I can pay the difference between the gold and platinum for seasonic, but both Asus are just a lot, or are they better?
Im sorry if I have an error with my english.
Thank you very much!

Solution
Thank you for the info! I didn't know about Asus.
It is worth to pay the difference between the Focus Platinum and the Focus Gold?
For my setup, plus the upgrades of RTX 3080, Ryzen 7 5800x, CPU Cooler and some rgb leds, is enough (and will have some room) with a 750w? I can get the Seasonic Gm-750 (but it's semi-modular) for 180 U$S.
1)Yeah, I've a bit of beef with Asus and their overpriced ROG stuff, but in all seriousness, their motherboards(all tiers) are great to work with. One of the most user-friendly bios out there.

2)Someone better versed in power supplies would have to answer this.
I am aware that these 30 series cards have high transient power spikes - no, it's not total power consumption - that can cause some power...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
The Seasonic psus are great.
Those Asus psus, on the other hand, are highway robbery. They're no better than the Seasonics, because they're MADE BY SEASONIC; they're the OEM of both of those units.
Asus ordered them, added their own 'flavor' + the 'ROG loyalty tax' and sell them to you. There's nothing special about them that justifies the price.

fdanz20

Reputable
Oct 18, 2017
The Seasonic psus are great.
Those Asus psus, on the other hand, are highway robbery. They're no better than the Seasonics, because they're MADE BY SEASONIC; they're the OEM of both of those units.
Asus ordered them, added their own 'flavor' + the 'ROG loyalty tax' and sell them to you. There's nothing special about them that justifies the price.
It is worth to pay the difference between the Focus Platinum and the Focus Gold?
For my setup, plus the upgrades of RTX 3080, Ryzen 7 5800x, CPU Cooler and some rgb leds, is enough (and will have some room) with a 750w? I can get the Seasonic Gm-750 (but it's semi-modular) for 180 U$S.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
1)Yeah, I've a bit of beef with Asus and their overpriced ROG stuff, but in all seriousness, their motherboards(all tiers) are great to work with. One of the most user-friendly bios out there.

2)Someone better versed in power supplies would have to answer this.
I am aware that these 30 series cards have high transient power spikes - no, it's not total power consumption - that can cause some power supplies to trip OCP(Over Current Protection) or cause other funky issues.
On paper, either unit should be fine... but as I said, I'm not well versed with psus like others on here. Hopefully, one of them chimes in.

3)You should have some room, considering Nvidia based the 750w requirement on a 10900K as the cpu.

Solution