[SOLVED] Seasonic Focus 850W 80 Plus Gold Modular - FOCUS-GX-850

IJRI

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2014
Hello,
Ok thinking to go with this PSU for my new build I know its a 2017 PSU and I don't know if it works well with what I am building..

I already got this:

MSI Z690 EDGE WIFI DDR5
GSKILL DDR5 TRIDENT Z5 CL36 6000Mhz
INTEL I9 12900K
SEAGATE FIRECUDA 530 M.2 1TB
MSI GTX 1070ti

I did not decide about the case and the water cooler yet. Ty

Last edited:
Solution
Seasonic does make better units. Other companies do as well. The core series are their basic 80+ gold units. They have better gold and above units. I run a lower wattage Core series unit myself. There is nothing wrong with them. Just a matter of how much you want to spend.
PSU is fine, 850w is plenty and you have to love the 10 year warranty,

What cooler are you now using?

Unless you will use the processor for heavy multithreaded apps, there will no need for overclocking and maximum cooling.

In a good, well ventilated case a top air cooler will serve.
If you want better, plan on a 360 size aio

IJRI

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2014
I guess ill go with the Lian Li Lancool 2 case and thinking to go with MSI MAG Coreliquid 360R V2 ARGB - 306-7ZW1C41-813 but i have not decided yet I need to see more reviews about these 2 but the PSU will be this one for sure. Ty

4745454b

Titan
Seasonic does make better units. Other companies do as well. The core series are their basic 80+ gold units. They have better gold and above units. I run a lower wattage Core series unit myself. There is nothing wrong with them. Just a matter of how much you want to spend.

Solution