Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 750W Single 'Click' Sound when PC is ON/OFF

Mar 5, 2018
Hello everyone

So I got Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 750W. Everytime I turn on/off my computer. The PSU will have a SINGLE 'Click' sounds. Is it normal?

So when I click on the Power Button it will 'Click' then boot and when I shutdown the PC, then It will 'click' then shut down. The PC is running just fine. Should I be worried?

Solution
The click you hear is completely normal and while it's more audible for some PSUs, it's almost inaudible for other PSUs.

I have 3x Seasonic PSUs in use: PRIME 650 80+ Titanium, M12II-850 EVO 80+ Bronze and S12II-520 80+ Bronze. My M12II-850 EVO also makes that "click" sound but it's almost inaudible. While both of my UPSes: CyberPower CP1300EPFCLCD, make so loud click that it can be heard to the other room.

As it's already stated in your LinusTechTips topic (link), it's the electromechanical switch that makes this sound.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
The click you hear is completely normal and while it's more audible for some PSUs, it's almost inaudible for other PSUs.

I have 3x Seasonic PSUs in use: PRIME 650 80+ Titanium, M12II-850 EVO 80+ Bronze and S12II-520 80+ Bronze. My M12II-850 EVO also makes that "click" sound but it's almost inaudible. While both of my UPSes: CyberPower CP1300EPFCLCD, make so loud click that it can be heard to the other room.

As it's already stated in your LinusTechTips topic (link), it's the electromechanical switch that makes this sound.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS