Question Seasonic Focus PX-750 Platinum vs RTX3080 Gaming Z Trio

Status
Not open for further replies.

kizo

Prominent
BANNED
Jul 17, 2022
So I was informed in a Thread here that TX750M from Corsair's Enthusiast series, while great, might not be most ideal partner for my soon to be new GPU .
It's already ordered,but perhaps it can be cancelled.
My budget is already overstretched.
Not much room before falling appart.

Kitguru.com gave 9/10 to 650W version in 2019.
Or perhaps TX850M ?
Or Seasonic Focus Plus 750?
Corsair RM750X?

The rest of the specs are:
Ryzen 5 5500(serving as a placeholder for 5700X or maaaaaaaybe 5800X3D around Black Friday or Christmas 2023).

B450 Asrock Pro 4(may or may not be a place holder as well.If yes than some B660 or something +12600K is a possibility over above mentioned Ryzens).

TeamGroup Delta RGB 2x8 3200@CAS16
At some point , I shall add another pair.

Samsung 980 non-Pro 500GB
I already have External Seagate Gamedrive 2.5" 2TB HDD with PS4 Drivers out of the box,formatable off course for PC purposes, though I may have to get rid of it for now.

CoolerMaster MasterBox NR600 with ODD which I may or may not implement at some point+ Arctic Cooling 120mm P12 PWM A-RGB Value Pack(3 in 1) bring amount of coolers to 5.
Eventually, I plan to add 3 or 4 more depending on what's the maximum allowed
amount.

I already have Windows 10Home 32bit/64bit on USB purchased on a PC shop even though many were convincing me to get it from...elsewhere.
Once installed,drivers shall be either from 2018 or possibly 2019(purchase in January 2019) .

750W version is actually cheaper then 650W.

For now.

https://www.protis.hr/products/index/napajanja/32
1U$D=7.38Kn

Last edited:

Cyberat_88

Distinguished
Do your consumption calculation & whatever number you end up with double it to find an adequate PSU.
750W was good up till 2020. Now with the new series MBs, CPUs & GPUs coming out with much higher power demands (30-50% more), you will need a better PSU.
Where Corsair is a good brand, Seasonic is marginal, the other is not worth looking at.

So I was informed in a Thread here that TX750M from Corsair's Enthusiast series, while great, might not be most ideal partner for my soon to be new GPU .

TeamGroup Delta RGB 2x8 3200@CAS16. At some point , I shall add another pair.

Arctic Cooling 120mm P12 PWM A-RGB Value Pack(3 in 1) bring amount of coolers to 5. Eventually, I plan to add 3 or 4 more depending on what's the maximum allowed amount.

Once installed,drivers shall be either from 2018 or possibly 2019(purchase in January 2019) .

The Corsair TX series was highly regarded when introduced. I think the complaints about it now are that it is an older design.

Most here would not advise you to add new RAM to old RAM due to possible incompatibilities. But it could work fine.

You intend to use 8 or 9 fans eventually, regardless of cooling efficiency or expense?

Not sure I understand your comment about 2018 or 2019 drivers.

kizo

Prominent
BANNED
Jul 17, 2022
Do your consumption calculation & whatever number you end up with double it to find an adequate PSU.
750W was good up till 2020. Now with the new series MBs, CPUs & GPUs coming out with much higher power demands (30-50% more), you will need a better PSU.
Where Corsair is a good brand, Seasonic is marginal, the other is not worth looking at.
Well some say x1.5 .
Others say GPU Manufacturers recommendations are exaggeration.
You say 2x.
I fully intend to ignore those upcoming CPUs completely if they prove to be rubbish in power consumption.
Ryzens 5000 series(5600 and beyond)and Intel 12000 series will be good enough for gamers and highly advanced content creators for many years to come.
So around end of 2023,I am getting 5700X or better in AM4 department or 12600K or so in 1700/12000 department.
And to hell with AM5 and 1700/13000 if they prove to be rubbish in Power Consumption.

All a person can do is read some reviews(or final conclusion in case engineer degree is required to understand those tests), then consult people at different places such as Tomshardware and LTT and their almighty PSU Tier list,
read some more reviews or previous reviews and compare things in case some PSU has no place/potentially has no place on their Tier A(but whatever),purchase something and hope for the best.

I called the shop and switched TX750M for RM850x.
If that's not good enough and I should get 1200W PSU instead, that just ain't happening.
It will have to be sufficient.
I shall not be doing manual overclocking of anything, except maybe RAM...in many years after today.

Well,PC shall arrive in week or so.
PC store where I ordered everything shall build everything for me.
PC building on YouTube looks very simple and fun,but I am very clumsy person.

Last edited:

kizo

Prominent
BANNED
Jul 17, 2022
The Corsair TX series was highly regarded when introduced. I think the complaints about it now are that it is an older design.

Most here would not advise you to add new RAM to old RAM due to possible incompatibilities. But it could work fine.

You intend to use 8 or 9 fans eventually, regardless of cooling efficiency or expense?

Not sure I understand your comment about 2018 or 2019 drivers.
Identical RAM.
Same brand,same Mhz(or whatever 3200 represents),same CAS , same everything.
Eventually.
Apparently 3200,3000,5000 etc actually mean something else.
Or both that something else and Mhz.🤔

When it comes to cooling efficiency, I will off course ask for advice.
Perhaps more than 5 will not be needed.
I think I read somewhere that NR600 support mounting case fans at the bottom of case(well on top of PSU shroud).
IF so,I am considering to place those 3 extra I ordered below GPU.
Would that be best?
Though I suppose whoever will put everything together knows what's best as well.
They are authorised to fix stuff afterall.

When it comes to the expense,this is 7+ years rig for me.
A project really.
Once I replace R5 5500 with something much better and it's cooler with very likely Arctic Freezer 34 eSports Duo or something and possibly motherboard as well,there shall be NO CPU/MOBO/GPU upgrades for as as long as they work or GPU drivers are being released.
If they die too soon,I will likely take a brake
from all things PC for a few years.

After that just adding stuff will be an option.
Storage,more storage,possibly capture card ,RAM etc .
I don't need everything this or next year.
Ventilators aren't super expensive.
There are good - great cheap ventilators
Like those I ordered.
That being said,IF I find out that 7 or 8 fans are somehow bad,I shall not add more.

As for Drivers,with my 1st build I purchased Windows 10 32bit/64bit Home USB stick with Windows Key.
Not on some shady Internet shop,but in a physical shop.
Brick and mortar they might be called in USA.
150$ or so.
So I will install them again, but at in a completely new rig.
New Motherboard, new SSD.
They assured me it can be reused again,as long as previous SSD was formated.
I had some problems formating it via 3 methods I think,so PC shop's service did it for me.
So drivers are from those times.
Mid January 2019 was purchased.

Last edited:

kizo

Prominent
BANNED
Jul 17, 2022
There's no reason you can't do a clean install with new media using the most current drivers that Microsoft has to offer....rather than the install media you have from January 2019. Or you could just move on to Windows 11 if you want.
That's just initially.
I will just update drivers immediately.
I am uncertain I should upgrade to Windows 11.
Is that free?
I don't have any money left with me anymore in regards to anything PC related.
Dried out.
Dried out to the point that there won't be any games that can utilise such GPU power that I will have at my disposal.
1440p with Raytracing maxed out that I may have used as an excuse for just Ryzen 5 5500(making bottleneck significantly smaller)?
Yep,not gonna happen anytime soon.
I suppose Microsoft might have Forza Horizon 5 Demo on its Windows or whatever store that I can place on Maximum settings.
Might not have RT reflections,not sure.
And it turns out DaVinchi Resolve Free version isn't really utilizing GPU much,if at all.
Ah well,I am sure it will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS