[SOLVED] Seasonic focus semi modular cable Id help

NoobUser117

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2014
Hello,

I scored a deal on a seasonic gm-750 semi modular power supply ( new) for $80 USD. However I can't Id the 2 cables that are hardwired into the Power supply.

One of the cables is labeled with a letter B on its side, the other is blank but looks like a 6+2+6 cable

I am afraid to kingdom come to install it due to the possibility of the magic smoke coming out.

Please help

Solution
There are ONLY ever two sets of cables hardwired into ANY semi-modular power supply. Those are the 24 pin ATX cable and the 4+4 pin EPS 12v CPU power cable. In some cases, there might be more than one EPS cable but I'm unaware of any dual EPS cable power supplies that are semi-modular. There probably are some, but I just haven't seen them.

Regardless, those two bundles of cable are for your main 24 pin motherboard power cable and your 4+4 pin CPU power socket that is found along the top edge of the motherboard.

No other cables are ever hard wired on semi-modular units that I have ever seen, and the only reason those two are is because they are required for EVERY system, so there is no sense in them being modular which cuts down...
There are ONLY ever two sets of cables hardwired into ANY semi-modular power supply. Those are the 24 pin ATX cable and the 4+4 pin EPS 12v CPU power cable. In some cases, there might be more than one EPS cable but I'm unaware of any dual EPS cable power supplies that are semi-modular. There probably are some, but I just haven't seen them.

Regardless, those two bundles of cable are for your main 24 pin motherboard power cable and your 4+4 pin CPU power socket that is found along the top edge of the motherboard.

No other cables are ever hard wired on semi-modular units that I have ever seen, and the only reason those two are is because they are required for EVERY system, so there is no sense in them being modular which cuts down, apparently, on the cost.

Looking at pictures of that unit though, it seems as though there MIGHT be a 6+2 cable in addition to the 4+4 cable, that is hard wired, and if so, then that would be an auxiliary PCIe power cable for graphics cards. Very hard to tell by the pictures and the Seasonic product page does not seem to identify which cables on this unit are hard wired. Normally though, it is only the ATX and EPS cables that are hard wired.

There is no such thing as a 6+2+6 cable.

Last edited:
Reactions: NoobUser117
Solution

NoobUser117

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2014
Hello,

I scored a deal on a seasonic gm-750 semi modular power supply ( new) for $80 USD. However I can't Id the 2 cables that are hardwired into the Power supply.

One of the cables is labeled with a letter B on its side, the other is blank but looks like a 6+2+6 cable

I am afraid to kingdom come to install it due to the possibility of the magic smoke coming out.

Please help

No other cables are ever hard wired on semi-modular units that I have ever seen, and the only reason those two are is because they are required for EVERY system, so there is no sense in them being modular which cuts down, apparently, on the cost.

Hi,

This power supply has 3 bundles: a 24 pin, a 8 pin, and a 6+2 and a 6 pin. I took some pics, soon as I figure it out I'll post them.

Seasonic, not Seagate. And yes, I mentioned that in my original post, but I had to update it after I went and looked at the images of this unit. There are definitely not 6+2+6 cables though. Those don't exist on any power supply that I've ever seen, hard wired or not.

There seems to only be 24 pin ATX, 4+4 pin EPS/CPU, both of which go to the motherboard, and then possibly a 6+2 PCIe auxiliary connector that goes to a graphics card.

Reactions: NoobUser117

NoobUser117

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2014

NoobUser117

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2014
Seasonic, not Seagate. And yes, I mentioned that in my original post, but I had to update it after I went and looked at the images of this unit. There are definitely not 6+2+6 cables though. Those don't exist on any power supply that I've ever seen, hard wired or not.

There seems to only be 24 pin ATX, 4+4 pin EPS/CPU, both of which go to the motherboard, and then possibly a 6+2 PCIe auxiliary connector that goes to a graphics card.

i attached some images, the only 2 not present was the 24 pin, and the power supply itself

Yes, the first pic is the 4+4 that connects to the EPS/CPU auxiliary power socket along the top edge of the motherboard.

The other one is a 2x 6+2, which can either feed a single 6 pin, two 6 pins, a single 8 pin or two 8 pins. I would NOT recommend using both connectors on that cable though. If you need two six or eight pin connections for your graphics card, then plug another PCIe auxiliary cable in and use one cable per socket on your card. You CAN use both, but it is much less stressful on the power supply to not push any single circuit if you don't have to.