Question Seasonic G550 or CX550M

The Seasonic is more efficient (Gold vs. Bronze) and has all Japanese capacitors.

Noise is unknown from a non-subjective standpoint because it's too old for a Cybenetics report.

They both have a five year warranty.
Noise isn't too bad on the G, that will depend on the load that the PSU has to put out however.

What I like about the G is the PCIe cables are NOT daisy chained thankfully and IMO that is a good thing. I can't stand PCIe daisy chained cables, I wish they all would do away with them completely. I think whoever came up with that idea needs to be horse whipped. (y)

I have a G-550 that I use as a backup/testing unit.

Jim

Last edited:

jonnyguru

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2006
Noise isn't too bad on the G, that will depend on the load that the PSU has to put out however.

What I like about the G is the PCIe cables are NOT daisy chained thankfully and IMO that is a good thing. I can't stand PCIe daisy chained cables, I wish they all would do away with them completely. I think whoever came up with that idea needs to be horse whipped. (y)

I have a G-550 that I use as a backup/testing unit.

Jim
At a cost of $1.50 per cable, adding more cables to a PSU's BOM is NOT typically an option. Adding a pigtail only adds $.30 cost.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS