Seasonic Hiking US Market MSRP Prices in December

InvalidError

Titan

Since most Chinese imports to Canada go through US ports, Canadian prices will be going up on lots of stuff thanks to US tariffs unless Canada-China decide to bypass the US altogether by increasing the number and frequency of cargo ships that go directly in-between.

Its not so much that that is what needs to happen. What needs to happen is trade that is equal. That way other countries have a chance to get said jobs. Problem is China does everything for so cheap its hard to compete with them.

1) Price hike isn't exactly following the tariff amounts, at least at a MSRP + 10% level.

2) This is MSRP: remember, SUGGESTED retail pricing by the manufacturer. Retailers are not obliged to follow it, unlike some items in other sectors where MSRP was a bit more than a suggestion if you wanted to remain an authorized dealer (along with the amount of stock you sold, etc.)

Tanyac

Reputable

Regardless of whether Australia imports from the US or China direct (and I suspect we will source from the US Mostly), Australian distributors and retailers will take any opportunity to hike prices. Even if this didn't affect us directly we'll still see 10%+ price hikes.

Seasonic are just the first. I'll bet we'll see other manufacturers follow suit.

du2

Commendable
Nov 5, 2018
I wonder if Seasonic is second guessing moving it's manufacturing from Taiwan to China. All of the models listed above are the first to come off of their Chinese production plants. I just ordered a Prime Ultra 850 Titanium and will be opening it up to compare quality to my 3 year old Prime 850 Titanium, which was made it Taiwan.