Seasonic Offers Industry-Best 12 Year Warranty On Its Prime PSUs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone using prime PSU's is likely building a high end rig and as such would have the power delivery covered with a surge protector/ UPS. So to me if the electronics such as capacitors can hold up it's likely not that large of a risk.

zthomas

Honorable
Sep 13, 2013
12 years.. dang tho 650 isn't a huge amount of power.. in six years I have personally upgraded my power supply 3 times.. now at 1200 watts..

It's more than enough for any single CPU and single GPU system.

While the Prime maintains its position as the best PSU line available anywhere at any price, (tho I am by no means complaining as the cost is very reasonable) the 12 year warranty has no real significance to the consumer except in their mind's eye.

Take any PSU and add a price premium to cover the amount of money that needs to be set aside to pay potential future liabilities and you could extend the warranty by as many years as you think will make consumers buy your stuff.

I have several X series units here all humming along, tho i have to say humming is bot quite appropriate wording since they all run dead silent. That and the Antec CP-850 units have been among the quietest we have ever owned.

Only really annoying PSU we've had sound wise has been the EVGA G2 1000. Have used several B2 750s w/o issue and used G2s in several sizes in user builds ... you can hear them if you pay attention but otherwise not. My son went looking for a G2 850 about 2 years back but chose the G2 1000 as it was on sale and w/ MIR it was cheaper than the 850. With twin 970s in SLI and 9 fans in the case, the PSU fan was the only only sound emanating from the case.

Wrote it off to the luck of the draw as others had not reported this but when it failed about 4 months ago, EVGA quickly replaced it, but the 2nd unit is as noisy as the 1st one.

zthomas

Honorable
Sep 13, 2013

true.. I have been thinking of running a second card.. my 700 wouldn't have been enough.. for two 9 series..

two 980tis yeah, 700 would be too little.
But two 1080s would only use around 580ws

zthomas

Honorable
Sep 13, 2013

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
Wow, I can't even imagine what the PC industry will be like, in 12 years. Perhaps the ATX form factor will even be pretty much dead, by then.

Intel and AMD could use HBM/HMC to provide monster APUs with enough graphics performance to kill off the mid-range discrete GPU segment. And with process improvements grinding to a halt, you'd no longer have cause to upgrade your GPU much more frequently than your CPU. Then, fewer and fewer people will need any PCIe slots.

Status
Not open for further replies.