[SOLVED] Seasonic Prime GOLD 850watts or Seasonic Focus+ 850PX Platinum?

Saber19

Commendable
Dec 22, 2019
hi i would like to upgrade psu for my system since im going to upgrade gpu probably a Rtx 3080 card.

im torn between
Seasonic Focus+ 850PX Platinum 850watts 80+ Full Modular SSR-850PX or
Seasonic Prime GOLD 850watts 80+ Full Modular PSU SSR-850GD

can you please enlighten me which is better of the two? and if you have another psu within this price range that you could recommend (even other brands like corsair) would be appreciated.

thank you for your time!

Solution
Seasonic is one of the if not the largest PSU maker in the world so much so that some of the Corsair (most the AX series, some TX series, and some VX series) units are made by seasonic.

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-psus,4229.html
PSU number 5 is the Corsair AX850 and if you look under thew OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) it says Seasonic.
I would get the gold rated seasonic as I said it can support more GPU's and the warranty is among the best/longest available

do not let the efficiency get to you unless your power is crazy expensive. the difference in efficiency is less than 7%.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
I would suggest the Gold Rated unit, it is not as efficient as the platinum this is true, however the gold unit has more (PCIe) ports and a longer warranty and lets face it Gold rated is damned good.
platinum rated 10 years, more efficient
gold rated 12 years , less efficient

Saber19

Commendable
Dec 22, 2019
I would suggest the Gold Rated unit, it is not as efficient as the platinum this is true, however the gold unit has more (PCIe) ports and a longer warranty and lets face it Gold rated is damned good.
platinum rated 10 years, more efficient
gold rated 12 years , less efficient
would that be the best option for the price range? would corsair offer better psu with this price range or should i opt to go for seasonic prime platinum 850w?

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
would that be the best option for the price range? would corsair offer better psu with this price range or should i opt to go for seasonic prime platinum 850w?

I left the price alone as I have no idea where you are buying or if they are even close in price, missing variables. nothing to compare to so I answered what I could.
how much are each at your desired retailer?
The corsair units RM/x/i series, AX/i, and HX/i units Max out at 10 year warranties.
Seasonic has the longest warranties I know of at 12 years

Saber19

Commendable
Dec 22, 2019
I left the price alone as I have no idea where you are buying or if they are even close in price, missing variables. nothing to compare to so I answered what I could.
how much are each at your desired retailer?
The corsair units RM/x/i series, AX/i, and HX/i units Max out at 10 year warranties.
Seasonic has the longest warranties I know of at 12 years
well im from the Philippines and the Seaonic Focus+ 850PX Platinum 850 watts cost 170 usd or 8250 php while the Seasonic Prime GOLD 850 watts would cost 175 usd or 8450php.
5 dollars difference.
while the corsair units RMi, AXi and HXi costs like 20 dollars more.
probably i will pick the seasonic ones tho, but I'm just curious on what is the difference between the two brands.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
Seasonic is one of the if not the largest PSU maker in the world so much so that some of the Corsair (most the AX series, some TX series, and some VX series) units are made by seasonic.

PSU number 5 is the Corsair AX850 and if you look under thew OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) it says Seasonic.
I would get the gold rated seasonic as I said it can support more GPU's and the warranty is among the best/longest available

do not let the efficiency get to you unless your power is crazy expensive. the difference in efficiency is less than 7%.

Solution

Saber19

Commendable
Dec 22, 2019

Thank you! will definitely check on the stock for seasonic in my area so i could reserve.