[SOLVED] seasonic prime px-850? no reviews?

sz0ty0l4

Distinguished
Hello... Im buying PSU for 9900k. so far i was leaning toward the hx850i from corsair, but just now i found out my retailer have the following product available:
https://ipon.hu/shop/termek/seasonic-prime-px-850-850w/1787830

I saw that jonnyguru reivew the PRIME series as "the absolute best"...
but i canot find any review on the Prime PX-850...

Should i go for this unit instead of the hx850i?

system is:
aorus master
h710
krakenx72
1080ti strix OC
9900k OC 5ghz
32gb ram

thanks guys

Solution
While I think they're both overkill at 850W, you can't go wrong with either one of them.

Are there a few cheap, unworthy Corsair models? Yes. There's also one Seasonic model (maybe two?) that isn't made by Seasonic and is crap.

For both companies, most of their current lineup is good, and the HX/HXi from Corsair, along with the Prime from Seasonic, are both excellent.

Juular

Respectable
BANNED
Mar 14, 2020
  1. You don't need 850W PSU
  2. You don't need to pay twice more for PSU with the same quality and performance as cheaper options, if PSU is more expensive it doesn't mean that it's better.
  3. I've recommended you a few of cheaper alternatives already.
  4. There are no reviews on 850W PRIME Platinum but you can expect adjacent models (750, 1000W) to be very similar in performance.
  5. Corsair HX850i is better than Seasonic PRIME Platinum 850W.

Johnnyguru says the Prime "SERIES" is the best. That would include the ones not specifically reviewed.

The user above is giving more specific advice than what I posted . We were writing at the same time. Corsair does make some good PSUs. if the price difference is huge a high level Corsair would be a good choice. Very few computers any more need a 850W PSU. At the same price point I would go with Seasonic.

Last edited:

Juular

Respectable
BANNED
Mar 14, 2020
Corsair quality varies due to their serving different price points.
Seasonic doesn't have PSUs for different price points or what ?

Johnnyguru says the Prime "SERIES" is the best.
Not JonnyGuru but Jeremy 'OklahomaWolf', and i do not agree with this claim (even tho he probably didn't mean to for anyone to use it as an argument in Seasonic vs other brands fanboying), there are certainly a lot of just as good PSUs out there, even better ones for that matter.

But please, don't make this thread another holywar thread.

sz0ty0l4

Distinguished
bro i get it, but i dont want a cheap PSU, and im buying 850, because i think its necessary. for future upgrades and so on. i just really curious why its not reviewed.

By the way my colleague is hardware engineer and he told me i shouldnt buy corsair and that seasonic is generally better, they manufacture their own psus and so on. corsair outsources he told me to check this PSU and basically, its 10$ difference between hx850i and this one.

And also... im buying 850 because i think its necessary. i will do heavy overclocking, and i plan on buying a 3080Ti in the future.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
While I think they're both overkill at 850W, you can't go wrong with either one of them.

Are there a few cheap, unworthy Corsair models? Yes. There's also one Seasonic model (maybe two?) that isn't made by Seasonic and is crap.

For both companies, most of their current lineup is good, and the HX/HXi from Corsair, along with the Prime from Seasonic, are both excellent.

Solution