[SOLVED] Seasonic prime-px 850- Psu FAIL?

sz0ty0l4

Distinguished
Hi i have my motherboard z390 aorus master on my desk on its box. Nothing connected except the motherboard power cable( no cpu, no ram nothjng.
When i power on the psu the “power on “ button of the motherboard lights up but if i press it , nothing happens.
If i exchange my seasonic psu for an old fsp hydro g , i do exactly the same , and the motherboard powers on.
what can cause this ? Is the psu or the psu cable failed ?
I bought this seasonic because its supposedy the “best” just mehh.
please help. Let me know what to do.
should i rma it?

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Nothing connected except the motherboard power cable( no cpu, no ram nothjng.
When i power on the psu the “power on “ button of the motherboard lights up but if i press it , nothing happens.

What do you expect to happen with no hardware connected?

If i exchange my seasonic psu for an old fsp hydro g , i do exactly the same , and the motherboard powers on.

"powers on" in what way?

There's nothing for the PSU to 'power' here. Test with complete hardware before jumping to conclusions.

Reactions: jay32267

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
I did. Thats why i disassembled obviously.
the psu fan doesnt even turn on. Now i even paperclipped it and fan isnt spinning. :/

Not obvious, you stated
Nothing connected except the motherboard power cable( no cpu, no ram nothjng.

Nothing about disassembled etc.

Please post your full system specs.

It's not impossible for the PSU to be defective, but given the quality, it's unlikely.

As for the paperclip, that doesn't tell you anything. That PSU's fan won't spin up until it's under >50% load.
prime-sound-1920.gif

sz0ty0l4

Distinguished
Update:
My system specs:
Z390aorus master
I9 9900k
32gb ram
Kraken x72
1080ti
Ssd pcie 970evoplus

I runnig my system with okd fsp hydro g 750 psu. Works fine.

I will be returning the prime px 850 for RMA.
I dont know whats up with it, but i also read on some forums its. Have compatibility issues witht gigabyte aorus boards ( some guy had issues wiht the 1000w version, however my doesnt even power up so i cant even debug anything. )

Edit: because of the giga forums issues im now wondering if its compatibility issue or failed prime psu.
Please help me decide.
If its compatibility i wont RMA i wil directly bring it back to retailer and ask for different brand unit ( based on local laws) but i need to decide until tomorrow!
Please help.
Is it - compatibility issue witb my arous master mb,
Or failed psu...
I know its hard to tell but yeah:/

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS