Review Seasonic Prime TX-1600 Power Supply Review

watzupken

Reputable
Mar 16, 2020
Not unexpected coming from the Seasonic Prime series. However, the lack of ATX 3.0 is going to affect its take up rate. Most people buying a 1.6K W PSU are likely enthusiasts that will want the latest and greatest. This is great, but clearly not the latest.

Every single time people think that Seasonic will have to go with digital circuits to reach requirements they figure out how to do it with analog circuits. It is amazing that they are able to get the same or better performance using analog circuits compared to most other high end PSUs using digital circuits.

infopcX

Commendable
Nov 21, 2020
Thanks very much for review, amazing work !!!

can we say that this is the second best source money can buy? just behind the Corsair AXi 1600 ?

power factor could be better, in practice compared to the AXi would be imperceptible? would even values below 1% in efficiency be relevant? I say in practice

I would like to know how much we could extract from the Seasonic source? up to 110% Load seemed pretty stable, could we go further with it?

12 years warranty is a plus

Best Regards,

Last edited:

BoredErica

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2007
Thanks very much for review, amazing work !!!

can we say that this is the second best source money can buy? just behind the Corsair AXi 1600 ?

power factor could be better, in practice compared to the AXi would be imperceptible? would even values below 1% in efficiency be relevant? I say in practice

I would like to know how much we could extract from the Seasonic source? up to 110% Load seemed pretty stable, could we go further with it?

12 years warranty is a plus

Best Regards,
ax1600i is more aggressive with fan curve vs Seasonic.