Seasonic PSU vs Super Flower PSU

Im_hungry777

Commendable
Dec 11, 2016
In your opinion which psu should i get they are about the same price in indonesia.

Seasonic s12ii 520 or m12ii 520 ($55 & $ 65)

Or

Superflower silver green 500w psu- 80 plus silver ($50)

Which do you think i should get thx a lot.

Solution

True.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/80_Plus

It's only about 2% efficiency difference for GOLD vs SILVER anyway, so efficiency should never be the deciding...
The Seasonic is better quality, Super Flower's silver line up doesn't use the same high grade components as their gold lineup.
Will ultimately be fine though. It's not much to worry about.

Unless you're going for a silent build (with sound dampened case and all) go with the Seasonic.

Im_hungry777

Commendable
Dec 11, 2016
Ooo so you think i shouldbjust get the seasonic if its like a 5 dollar diff? And do you think i should get modular or non does it make a whole lot of difference in your exp? And which do you use thx a lot

Silver rating means nothing.
We recently in some thread compared the advantage of a gold rated PSU vs. a bronze rated PSU @550W & 25$ difference.
At 0.22$/kWh it would need 2000+h to show any advantage.

I'm using a XFX TS Gold (and used a XFX Pro bronze before, which is based on the Seasonic S12)

Personally modular PSUs are nice imo as it's just neater in your case. There are so many cable lying around that you just don't need nor use that you can just unplug from a modular PSU and store in your closet instead.

That being said it makes no difference in terms of performance, durability or quality.

Modular cables is a nice conveniency but by no means a must have (unless you're using a small form factor case)

FrEaKii

Commendable
Dec 20, 2016
In some cases (as long as you don't need all extra cables) it simply makes everything look cleaner and might help your airflow a bit.
I would rather go with better performance than modularbility.

RCFProd

Expert
Ambassador

80 Plus certification is arguably the least important thing when it comes to the performance of a power supply. +80 Silver doesn't mean it performs better than an +80 Bronze, it just means that is uses power more efficiently. Does that mean the build quality and performance of the actual power supply is better? No, not at all. You can't see that in a 80 Plus certification

True.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/80_Plus

It's only about 2% efficiency difference for GOLD vs SILVER anyway, so efficiency should never be the deciding factor. It should be QUALITY of the build in terms:

a) voltage reliability
b) device reliability (in terms of failures)
c) power protection circuitry

Solution

RCFProd

Expert
Ambassador

I use a non-modular power supply in an NZXT H440. All cables are basically hidden thanks to the power supply cover and I used sleeved cable extentions, those are the only cables that are visibly in my case. Everything else is hidden basically.

I'd agree though, overall modular PSU's can look better.