Seasonic Revamps Its PSU Product Lines

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 217926

About time! I can't wait to see some reviews of the 'lower end' stuff. Not that any Seasonic unit is really lower end.

nekromobo

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2008
Is this article commercial or press release? It sure does read one.. genuine hand crafted cut+paste as so many other articles by tomshardware lately :(

D

Deleted member 217926

It's obviously just a preview of what's coming in the next few months. Some of us have been waiting on news of these for months if not most of a year.

Aris is one of the best power supply reviewers around. When he gets his hands on them you will get complete reviews. Like this one of the 850w Prime Titanium. :)

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/seasonic-prime-850w-titanium-psu,4761.html

D

Deleted member 217926

SuperFlower still uses capacitors in the cables. The Prime doesn't. Huge step forward. ;)

BugariaM

Commendable
Jan 3, 2017

+1
It's funny to read such

Especially since the Super Flower Leadex II mentions in the news from May 2016
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/super-flower-leadex-ii-psus,31855.html

I would like to see more good quality PSU from the Seasonic, which completely correspond ATX specifications on the part "dimensions".
Or at least no more than 160mm depth

Nintendork

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2008
Pretty much no one needs a 1kw PSU specially with the efficiency race and nvidia killing SLI or poor scaling little support even if you do multiple crossfire.

I just want more 400-500w Titanium PSU's.

WFang

Reputable
Dec 10, 2014
so, I still only see 3 Prime units for sale (in US) on Newegg? It's been a long time since I read about the 600W fanless Prime model... THAT is the one I want.

Enough power to drive modern rig with modern CPU and GPU? check.
No fan? Check!

Nintendork

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2008
I have good earing and I really need to put my ear close to hear my Seasonic S12-II 520w Bronze.

I prefer having fans because when you don't you will start hearing the electrical noise (different on a tablet/smartphone/passive laptop where the components are compact with less "protruding capacitors and the like" which reduce electrical noise).

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
I have a 450 W fanless Seasonic Platinum PSU. It's orientation dependent and it'd probably be a good idea if your case had an intake fan. Especially for 600 W.

Even then, it might not get enough airflow if you have a graphics card that exhausts a lot of air out the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.