Seasonic Reveals Its First Titanium PSU: The Prime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Companies are producing Titanium units out the wazoo! Sick looking fan grill. And I'm thrilled Seasonic is releasing great 450W-850W units. I'm tired of $400 1250W units.

Also, lots of polymer caps! Things are getting better in the PSU world.

D

Deleted member 1993275

This is not the first titanium psu Seasonic has created. The higher wattage Seasonic snow silent power supplies also got a titanium rating. The snow silent came out in either late 2014 or early 2015. Correct?

D

Deleted member 1993275

If I Google seasonic snow titanium I will get results. I don't want to post other forum or news site links saying the 1050watt version is titanium. So here is a article from July of 2015 reviewing the 750 watt version that is platinum. Tomshardware mentions wanting to test the titanium version.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/seasonic-snow-silent-750w-power-supply,4200-10.html

Google seasonic snow silent Titanium. I almost bought it 1050 last month when it was labeled as titanium on their own website, now it lists it as platinum..?

D

Deleted member 1993275

Blackbird, yes if you get on the website now it now lists the psus as "new" and the 1050w carries the platinum rating. Did you get the other article results saying the 1050 was titanium?

Regardless, I'm reading the article correctly now. The header might say first titanium psu by seasonic, but below it says "first titanium line", so it's their first titanium line of power supplies, not just a singular unit.

I own a 1000w platinum by seasonic right now, I had the 1050 on my wishlist partly because of the titanium rating it now carried. It looks like they no longer carry that rating... I just find this odd.

D

Deleted member 1993275

"The most beautiful PSU on Seasonic's stand was definitely the Snow Silent PSU series. Featuring an all-white design and Hybrid Silent Fan control as well as 80 Plus Platinum efficiency rating, this is one of the best looking PSUs we have seen in a while. The Seasonic Snow Silent PSU series is already available and comes in 750W and 1050W options. "

This was from computex 2015, four reports and even a report from seasonic (that isn't letting me link) mentioning the release of a Titanium power supply.

atheus

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2010
I really wish these guys would stop putting their labels and signage on the PSU's oriented with the assumption that people want the fan on the top. I can't remember the last PC I built that the PSU didn't suck fresh air from the bottom of the case. My current PC has an upside-down-looking Seasonic 650 XP2 in there with the big spreadsheet label with all the power stats showing through the side window. Not sexy.

Should I peel off the labels and hope it doesn't turn into a disaster? If it tears, will I have to try to remove it with solvents that might screw up the finish? Damn you, Seasonic! Stop building the best damned PSU's with headache-inducing cosmetic issues!

D

Deleted member 1993275

I have the same issue with my seasonic, I think companies should give you the wrapped labels separately in the box and you put them on in the correct orientation for your specific use. I had to flip my seasonic to suck air in from the chassis, but atleast the large seasonic label is shown in the correct way.

Snayperskaya

Reputable
Sep 29, 2015
Good to see Platinum+ offers below the 700W (which is overkill for any single GPU, even on a 2011-3 heavily OC'd). I wonder if those will be available worldwide.

chicofehr

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012
I love my 1250W Seasonic gold rated I've been using since 2012.
I always wondered if I could boost a car with it :p
Now I'm curious. Off to YouTube!!!!

nem3sis

Reputable
Apr 30, 2015
here more pics :D

_MG_1961%20copia.jpg

_MG_1968%20copia.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS