[SOLVED] Seasonic S12G 8 Pin Atx, Help

May 30, 2019
Hello everyone, so i just bought a new psu, it is seasonic S12G 650W(Non Modular), i just wondering if i get the correct 8 pin atx cable plugged in to 8 pin motherboard slot, since this psu had so much 8 pin cables. This psu have four 8 pin pcie (6+2 pin) cable that had a leble PCI-E on them so i know this is not 8 pin atx cable, but the other two 8 pin cable doesn't had any lable on them, so now i get a little bit confuse, which one i should plug in to my motherboard 8 pin socket?
Thank's for any advice, and sorry for my bad english.

Solution
Correct. Most boards need a single 8pin (4+4), some have addition EPS capabilities, but not strictly necessary. Moreso for improved power delivery for overclocking etc.
May 30, 2019
The "8 pin" you're looking for should split into 4+4, and that's the EPS for the CPU.

If they're not labelled, and the PCIe (6+2) are, then the unlabelled 8pins should be EPS.
This psu have two 8 pin without label, one is 8 pin (4+4) and the other one 8 pin (pure 8 pin), i try to read the manual now, but the manual is cofusing, its show other product of seasonic psu, i already looking into their website, but since this psu is discontinued product, so there is no explaination of this psu serie.

So which one, pure 8 pin or 4+4 (8pin) should i use? Or are they just same 8 pin eps/atx 12v? So i can use them 2?

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Check the keying to be sure. A 4+4 (or 8) EPS is keyed differently than a 6+2 (or 8) pin PCIe.
I'd be shocked if that PSU can with 4x 6+2 and a full 8pin PCIe, so it's probably a second EPS....

The 4+4 is definitely what you want though, so use that.

May 30, 2019
Check the keying to be sure. A 4+4 (or 8) EPS is keyed differently than a 6+2 (or 8) pin PCIe.
I'd be shocked if that PSU can with 4x 6+2 and a full 8pin PCIe, so it's probably a second EPS....

The 4+4 is definitely what you want though, so use that.
Ok then, i already find out, in my psu box, it says something like this
63t4py.jpg

So that two CPU 8 pin have same function right?