WC: Artic Freezer Liquid 240
MB: MSI B450 GAMING PLUS MAX
RAM : 2x8 G.SKILL 2400 Mhz with 2800 OC
PSU : Seasonic S12II-520
GPU : MSI AERO 1050 TI
FANS : 3x 120M
SSD : Samsung 860 evo 250 GB
HDD: Toshiba 1tb 7.2K

I will upgrade from a 1050 ti to a zotac mini 2070 super.

Will my seasonic handle the 2070 super or i will need to at least buy a 600w psu?

Last edited:
Solution
Back in the day, the Seasonic S12-II/M12-II was about the best budget oriented psu you could get, anything better costing far more. But that was over 10 years ago. And times have changed, pc's have changed, requirements have changed, standards have changed. Doesn't mean the S12-II is a bad psu, it's still a very good and very well built tank of a psu, it's just not tailored for modern electronics found in higher end equipment.

Good workboots might be awesome for a construction site, but really don't go well with a dance floor or black tie affair.

That means you'll want a DC/DC type psu, preferably a good quality unit with LLC and plenty of protections. Something built to power a 2070S and a temperamental 2700x, without creating...
The wattage is enough.
The psu, I would replace regardless as it's a budget group regulated unit powering a $500 gpu.
Now that you have a bigger load on the 12v rail(in the form of a 2070S), the voltage will be regulated in manner that drops the 12v rail voltage while boosting the 5v or 3.3v rail voltage. This is detrimental in the long run as pc parts can only withstand so much outside or below 12v.

I'd replace it, where are you located in the world?

Good evening.

I have a doubt about my power supply.

My system is the follow :

CPU: Ryzen 2700x ( PBO OFF ) Stock settings
WC: Artic Freezer Liquid 240
RAM : 2x8 G.SKILL 2400 Mhz with 2800 OC
PSU : Seasonic S12II-520
GPU : MSI AERO 1050 TI
FANS : 3x 120M
SSD : Samsung 860 evo 250 GB
HDD: Toshiba 1tb 7.2K

I will upgrade from a 1050 ti to a zotac mini 2070 super.

Will my seasonic handle the 2070 super or i will need to at least buy a 600w psu?

That sounds like a bad idea.

Not because 520W is not enough. But because the 2070 will kick that PSU's butt.

Jul 23, 2020
The wattage is enough.
The psu, I would replace regardless as it's a budget group regulated unit powering a $500 gpu.
Now that you have a bigger load on the 12v rail(in the form of a 2070S), the voltage will be regulated in manner that drops the 12v rail voltage while boosting the 5v or 3.3v rail voltage. This is detrimental in the long run as pc parts can only withstand so much outside or below 12v.

I'd replace it, where are you located in the world?

Im from portugal.

Since my money is tight so it is better to save the money to buy a new psu and the card ..

Since my money is tight so it is better to save the money to buy a new psu and the card
Yes, €80 is not really enough to get a good quality psu to pair with a high end gpu. If you were to aim for a lower end gpu, then sure €80 will be enough.
For a 2070S or 5700xt, I'd be looking at the bitfenix formula you mentioned earlier, seasonic gx550 (very good unit), the corsair TXm could also work.

If you really want to stick to the budget, the seasonic core gc 650w should do(out of stock atm), though with no professional reviews yet, I can't put a full recommendation on it. The components do look good and it's based on a good topology.

If you have a website that you prefer to use instead, do link it.

Jul 23, 2020
Yes, €80 is not really enough to get a good quality psu to pair with a high end gpu. If you were to aim for a lower end gpu, then sure €80 will be enough.
For a 2070S or 5700xt, I'd be looking at the bitfenix formula you mentioned earlier, seasonic gx550 (very good unit), the corsair TXm could also work.

If you really want to stick to the budget, the seasonic core gc 650w should do(out of stock atm), though with no professional reviews yet, I can't put a full recommendation on it. The components do look good and it's based on a good topology.

If you have a website that you prefer to use instead, do link it.

Yep the bitfenix are all out of stock in portugal in most store so i have that option that is seasonic core gc 650w but with 0 reviews so i don't know if i can trust Seasonic in this one :(

Yep the bitfenix are all out of stock in portugal in most store so i have that option that is seasonic core gc 650w but with 0 reviews so i don't know if i can trust Seasonic in this one :(

Can you link to some stores in Portugal? Are you limited to only stores in Portugal? I thought one of the advantages of the European Union is you could do some cross border shopping without customs and tariffs.

Jul 23, 2020
Can you link to some stores in Portugal? Are you limited to only stores in Portugal? I thought one of the advantages of the European Union is you could do some cross border shopping without customs and tariffs.

I don't have much knowledge and experience about amazon and ebay.
I always buy in national stores but I can tell you a few.

PCDIGA
GlobalData
Mbit
Pc Componentes
Chip7
Chiptec
Imperio Multimedia
Novo Atalho

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Back in the day, the Seasonic S12-II/M12-II was about the best budget oriented psu you could get, anything better costing far more. But that was over 10 years ago. And times have changed, pc's have changed, requirements have changed, standards have changed. Doesn't mean the S12-II is a bad psu, it's still a very good and very well built tank of a psu, it's just not tailored for modern electronics found in higher end equipment.

Good workboots might be awesome for a construction site, but really don't go well with a dance floor or black tie affair.

That means you'll want a DC/DC type psu, preferably a good quality unit with LLC and plenty of protections. Something built to power a 2070S and a temperamental 2700x, without creating unnecessary instability.

https://www.pcdiga.com/fonte-de-alimentac-o-corsair-tx650m-semi-modular

Solution