[SOLVED] Seasonic S12II 620w Bronze and RX 580 ROG STRIX?

azurin

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2011
Hello there,

I'm currently searching for a new GPU to buy. Used. My PSU is only a year old but I've learnt of its limits, because of the design. I've been advised to stick to around cards like RX 580-590. (I buy Radeon) Now, I've found a deal I could get right now for cheap. (112$ US) An RX 580 ROG STRIX. I've been advised to avoid Vega considering the PSU I've got, so does big cards like this ROG STRIX fall under the same category?

Thanks a lot for your help. I'm learning about new generation parts, and hopefully I can get the most of this rig before switching to a new one. (And make wiser choices)

azurin

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2011
@COLGeek I see. Well, thank you very much for your advice. I'm not familiar with these big cards and when I heard of the Vega types, I was wondering if they were more or less all the same.

@jonnyguru Bad advice + 50-60$ discount on a PSU while my own had given up the ghost. The sad thing is that people are still buying some of these even today, companies trying to get rid of their old stock.

My rig is nothing intense, and it did perfectly for a year and a half. (Realized we're closer to the middle of the year than the beginning!) I'm far to be as demanding as other people are with their PCs. A lot of people are still making builds with it, so it's doable too. Just not recommended. Thanks a lot for your advice guys, I'll double-check even more parts' specs now.