corndog1836

Distinguished
i have an (x series ss1250xm psu---NOT THE XM2) and want to power a 3080ti or 3090 GPU an overclock also. as you know the 3090/3080ti need 3 --- 8pin connectors to power the video card. My psu has 2 pcie outputs on the psu, with consist of a 16pin connector that terminates into 2 8pin(6+2) connectors using the supplied cables. Can i use both of these (PCIE) 16pin to dual 8pin(6+2) cables which would give me 4 ( 8 pin) connectors . Of course i would only use the three (6+2) 8pin connectors and one connector would be unused. I dont have many ports on the psu left that are open also.(see rig in sig for more info on sys)

Last edited:

corndog1836

Distinguished
Last edited:

corndog1836

Distinguished
I looked and saw 3x 12pin for PCI-e. No 16 pin. Do you have 3 PCI-e cables?
yes. I emailed seasonic and their reply was to use 3 of the 4 x12 pin cables and only use one 8 pin(6+2) connector to the gpu per cable. I will have to get creative with cable management since the 12 pin pcie cable terminates into 2 x 8pin (6+2) ends and I will only use one ans the other will have to be hidden. Glad I have an old HAF X case to hide the unused connector. Also glad I could still use the psu though. didn't realize I had one more pcie 12 pin not being utilized other than the 2 mentioned in the OP..

"Thank you for contacting Seasonic.

Your X-1250 in its XM version should have 4 PCIe connectors (12 pin) that can be used to power a graphic card.
For high end card like 3080 or 3090, we would recommend to use 1 dedicated PCIe cable plugged to the power supply per PCIe connectors available on the card in order to balance the important pulled by the graphic card from the power supply."

Last edited: