[SOLVED] Seasonic SS-620GB vs Coolermaster Masterwatt 700W

Apr 20, 2017
Hey guys,

I am looking for a cheap way to power my retro rig (Phenom II x4 (120W?) and R9 290 (275W?)). The CPU and mobo are more than 10 years old, so I'm not too worried about power failure and all the things people warn when cheap PSUs are mentioned.

I found a local seller that sells second hand, but still fairly new (within warranty) PSUs. He has two models, each with their strengths and weaknesses,
so I'm wondering if which one to get.

The first one is Seasonic SS-620GB - 620 Watts, 80+ Bronze

The second one is Coolermaster Masterwatt lite - 700 Watts, 80+ (white)

I was leaning towards the latter, since they provide more wattage and both the CPU and GPU like their electricity, but I read that the Masterwatt series from Coolermaster are rebranded cheap PSUs, and the do have a lesser 80+ rating, so I now I am a bit unsure. I don't have any epxerience with Seasonic products.

The seller is offering them for the same price (35 euros).

Any advise is appreciated.

Solution
No comparison, Seasonic one wins. Better quality. Any psu that has lite, smart in them, don't buy.
Which country is this? I will still buy new as some warranties are not transferable from my understanding.
Apr 20, 2017
No comparison, Seasonic one wins. Better quality. Any psu that has lite, smart in them, don't buy.
Which country is this? I will still buy new as some warranties are not transferable from my understanding.

Would the wattage be enough for the components?

It's in Bulgaria. I'm not worried about warranty. I said they have warranty to outline that they are still kind of new.