[SOLVED] Seasonic SS-750KM Power Supply Viability?

Dec 2, 2020
Hi Everyone! I have a Seasonic SS-750KM Active PFC F3. It is 80 plus gold certified. I purchased for my build back in 2011. It has seen maybe 3 years of use. I am wondering if it is usable with my new build or if I should purchase a new psu?

new build:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
ASUS ROG Strix B550-F
XFX Radeon 5700XT
16 GB G Skill Tridentz 3200mhz
1TB WD m.2 SSD
Fractal Meshify C Case

Solution
Hi Everyone! I have a Seasonic SS-750KM Active PFC F3. It is 80 plus gold certified. I purchased for my build back in 2011. It has seen maybe 3 years of use. I am wondering if it is usable with my new build or if I should purchase a new psu?

new build:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
ASUS ROG Strix B550-F
XFX Radeon 5700XT
1TB WD m.2 SSD
Fractal Meshify C Case
Not sure why you want to use a 10 year old power supply in a new build you easily spent close to one thousand dollars on. You can get a high quality, brand new model for around one hundred dollars. At least consider it.
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/TD...fied-semi-modular-atx-power-supply-ea750g-pro

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

So long as your PSU has the necessary connectors for the components in your above proposed build, you should be fine. As a side note, you might want to run us by with your older system's specs(like you did above but with old parts) so we can gauge what sort of stress the unit was subjected to. If the older platform was overclocked, then the effective power output from the PSU will be lower than the stickered number.

Dec 2, 2020
The old build was:

Intel i7 2600k Processor
ASRock Z68 Extreme 7 Gen 3 Mobo
Nvidia GTX 580
Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR2 (I think)
250 GB SSD that I don’t remember brand

I never overclocked this PC much to my knowledge.

new build:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
ASUS ROG Strix B550-F
XFX Radeon 5700XT
1TB WD m.2 SSD
Fractal Meshify C Case
Not sure why you want to use a 10 year old power supply in a new build you easily spent close to one thousand dollars on. You can get a high quality, brand new model for around one hundred dollars. At least consider it.
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/TD...fied-semi-modular-atx-power-supply-ea750g-pro

Solution