Question Seasonic SSR 750 RM G Series PSU

silversmithy

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2012
Hello. I am currently finishing an older gaming desktop and the PSU is a semi modular Seasonic SSR 750 RM G series. I have never worked with a semi or full modular PSU so have concerns. Bear with me as this may be a ridiculous question, but i ask because I don't want to install anything incorrectly. The connection side of the PSU has 6 separate areas to plug into, 2 eight pin PCI-e/CPU , and 4 six pin Peripheral-IDE/SATA. The 2 HDD's are SATA, and the DVD drive is PATA. There is as far as I can tell no way to differentiate which rail but I am thinking SATA and PATA use different voltage. I went ahead and just plugged the 2 HDD's into one of the 6 pin peripheral PSU ports, and the molex into one of the other 6 pin ports. The other question I have is regarding the mobo which is an old Nvidia 680i LT SLI which has 8 pin power onboard. The PSU has 2 separate 4 pin connectors so I am figuring that I connect them each into the eight pin into the board. Everything is all set up and ready, but wanted to confirm before turning it on. Thank you for any help/advice.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
So long as the connections for SATA/IDE(PATA) are in their place(in their bracket as distinguished by the labeling on the PSU side) then you're fine. Do the same for the PCIe cables as well as the CPU EPS cables.

Please include/list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:

silversmithy

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2012
Okay, thank you. Specs are:

Current CPU is a core 2 duo, May decide to upgrade to core 2 quad later on?
Nvidia 680i LT SLI
4gb DDR 2
2 3.5 SATA HDD's, a 500 gb Seagate, and the other is a 250gb WD.
Lightscribe DVD (PATA)
Audigy 2 card with interface.
Will be installing a GTX 750ti provided it is functioning still).
Seasonic SSR 750 RM G Series PSU.

Thanks again.

Last edited: