[SOLVED] Seasonic SSR-750FX FOCUS vs Cooler Master MWE 750W for 3080?

Frankie4Fingarz

Commendable
Apr 24, 2019
Title. Just asking what will be best suited for the 3080, Cause i heard it will require the 2 8 pin cables. Also will 2, 8/6 Pin cables wor?

Solution
If a graphics card needs the new 10 pin connector, it will come with an approved adapter cable that connects to two 6/8 pcie cables.
Also, Seasonic will have replacement 10 pin cables for their modular power supplies like the focus units.
I do not know if Seasonic will send you one free or if there would be a charge.
Perfect, now will i have to get new cables or just use both of my Cpu/PCIE cables and inputs? Because in the unboxing linus tech tips got an adpater for power to the graphics card but it coneected to a 12 pin.

the new 12 pin connector will be only necessary for nvidias own founders edition, and even so, it comes with an (ugly) adapter so you're perfectly fine, 3rd party cards will come with the standard 8 pin o 6+2 connectors

If a graphics card needs the new 10 pin connector, it will come with an approved adapter cable that connects to two 6/8 pcie cables.
Also, Seasonic will have replacement 10 pin cables for their modular power supplies like the focus units.
I do not know if Seasonic will send you one free or if there would be a charge.

Solution